Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Virginia, District 6|
|Ph.D.||University of California/Graduate Theological Union|
Schmookler is the author of books on society and how it developed. Schmookler and his wife, April, have three children.
According to Schmookler's website, some of his campaign themes include:
- Jobs: "America needs Democrats in Congress who will fight harder so that all Americans have the opportunity to fulfill their God-given potential and contribute their best to a prosperous American community."
- Economy: "But simply living beyond one’s means is irresponsible, and I oppose it as a practice for individuals and for our country."
- Taxes: "Revenue will increase as employed people and prosperous businesses pay taxes. Expenditures will be reduced because employed people do not need unemployment compensation, and there is less need for food stamps."
Schmookler is running in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Virginia's 6th District. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary and will face the winner of the Republican primary -- either incumbent Bob Goodlatte or Karen Kwiatkowski -- in the November general election.
|Andy Schmookler Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 14, 2012||$2,111.01||$12,100||$(9,554.39)||$4,656.62|
|July Quarterly||July 14, 2012||$5,465.17||$10,153.53||$(5,112.37)||$10,506.33|
|October Quarterly||October 15, 2012||$14,258.92||$62,226.92||$(43,653.42)||$32,832.42|
- Andy Schmookler campaign website "Introducing Andy," Accessed January 2, 2011
- Andy Schmookler for Congress, "The Issues," Accessed September 20, 2012
- WJSV "Karen Kwiatkowski and Andy Schmookler to Debate, Goodlatte Not Attending," June 4, 2012
- Federal Election Commission "Andy Schmookler's 2012 Summary reports," Accessed September 20, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, Andy Schmookler's April Quarterly report," Accessed September 20, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, "Andy Schmookler's July Quarterly report," Accessed September 20, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, "Andy Schmookler's October Quarterly report," Accessed October 18, 2012