Difference between revisions of "Andy Tobin"
m (Text replace - 'Category:House of Representatives, candidate' to 'Category:House of Representatives candidate, 2010')
|Line 142:||Line 142:|
[[Category:House of Representatives
[[Category:House of Representatives candidate]]
Revision as of 07:43, 18 December 2010
|Arizona House of Representatives District 1|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
|Profession||Manager, TLC Employee Benefits and Consulting|
Tobin is a Manager with TLC Employee Benefits and Consulting. He has also worked as CEO of a local aerospace company, banker, insurance, and real estate lender.
He is a member of the Chamber of Commerce, Hugh O'Brian Foundation, Muscular Dystrophy Association Board, Saint Jude's Children's Research Hospital, Sharlot Hall Museum Board, and the Young Men's Christian Association Board.
Tobin did not provide answers to the 2008 Political Courage Test. The test provides voters with how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Tobin is urging his fellow state legislators to consider adopting a Arizona Racino Amendment (2010), which would allow "racetrack casinos" or "racinos" in the state as a way of making up for tax revenues that are fast declining in the state's economic recession.
- Banking and Insurance Committee, Arizona House of Representatives
- Rules Committee, Arizona House of Representatives
Tobin's sponsored bills include:
- HB 2102 - financial institution records; disclosure; notice
- HB 2106 - prohibit photo radar; state highways
- HB 2426 - enhanced driver licenses; prohibition
- HB 2564 - abortion
For a full listed of sponsored bills see the House website.
|Arizona House of Representatives, District 1 General Election (2010)|
|Andy Tobin (R)||46,401|
|Karen Fann (R)||41,082|
|Lindsay Bell (D)||29,214|
|Arizona House of Representatives, District 1 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Andy Tobin (R)||21,407|
|Karen Fann (R)||14,409|
|Noel Campbell (R)||12,895|
Tobin raised $20,630 for the campaign, Mason raised $2,311, and Grittner raised $21,457.
|Arizona State House, District 1 (2008)|
|Lucy Mason (R)||55,861|
|Andy Tobin (R)||52,819|
|Dennis Grittner (D)||36,669|
Below are Tobin's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|AZ Assoc of Realtors||$600|
|AZ Medical Assoc||$500|
|Grand Canyon State Electric Cooperative Assoc||$390|
|S L Mills||$390|
- Official website
- Arizona House of Representatives - Representative Andy Tobin
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart bio
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Tobin
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Tobin Issue Positions
- Arizona Republic, "Racino racetracks floated as tax-hike alternative", May 21, 2009
- Primary results
- General election results
- 2008 general election results, Arizona
- Arizona House spending, 2008
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
|Arizona State House District 1
| Succeeded by|