Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Arizona House of Representatives District 1|
|January 10, 2013|
|Years in position||7|
|Speaker, Arizona State House of Representatives|
|Majority Leader, Arizona State House of Representatives|
|Per diem||$35/day for the first 120 days of regular session and for special sessions and $10/day thereafter.|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||Four consecutive terms|
|Birthday||June 27, 1958|
|Place of birth||New York, NY|
|Profession||Manager, TLC Employee Benefits and Consulting|
Tobin is a Manager with TLC Employee Benefits and Consulting. He has also worked as CEO of a local aerospace company, banker, insurance, and real estate lender.
He is a member of the Chamber of Commerce, Hugh O'Brian Foundation, Muscular Dystrophy Association Board, Saint Jude's Children's Research Hospital, Sharlot Hall Museum Board, and the Young Men's Christian Association Board.
Tobin did not provide answers to the 2008 Political Courage Test. The test provides voters with how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Tobin is urging his fellow state legislators to consider adopting a Arizona Racino Amendment (2010), which would allow "racetrack casinos" or "racinos" in the state as a way of making up for tax revenues that are fast declining in the state's economic recession.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Tobin has been appointed to these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Tobin served on these committees:
- Banking and Insurance Committee, Arizona House of Representatives
- Rules Committee, Arizona House of Representatives
Tobin's sponsored bills include:
- HB 2102 - financial institution records; disclosure; notice
- HB 2106 - prohibit photo radar; state highways
- HB 2426 - enhanced driver licenses; prohibition
- HB 2564 - abortion
For a full listed of sponsored bills see the House website.
|Arizona House of Representatives, District 1 General Election (2010)|
|Andy Tobin (R)||46,401|
|Karen Fann (R)||41,082|
|Lindsay Bell (D)||29,214|
|Arizona House of Representatives, District 1 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Andy Tobin (R)||21,407|
|Karen Fann (R)||14,409|
|Noel Campbell (R)||12,895|
Tobin raised $20,630 for the campaign, Mason raised $2,311, and Grittner raised $21,457.
|Arizona State House, District 1 (2008)|
|Lucy Mason (R)||55,861|
|Andy Tobin (R)||52,819|
|Dennis Grittner (D)||36,669|
In 2010, Tobin raised $89,521 in contributions. 
His largest contributor was Cox Communications, which donated $1,000 to his campaign.
Below are Tobin's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|AZ Assoc of Realtors||$600|
|AZ Medical Assoc||$500|
|Grand Canyon State Electric Cooperative Assoc||$390|
|S L Mills||$390|
Tobin and his wife Jennifer have five children.
- Official website
- Arizona House of Representatives - Representative Andy Tobin
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart bio
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Tobin
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Tobin Issue Positions
- Arizona Republic, "Racino racetracks floated as tax-hike alternative", May 21, 2009
- Primary results
- General election results
- 2008 general election results, Arizona
- Arizona House spending, 2008
- 2010 contributions
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
|Arizona State House District 1
| Succeeded by|