Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|California State Senate District 16|
is a 2013 Republican
candidate in the special election
for District 16 of the California State Senate
- See also: State legislative special elections, 2013
Vidak is running in a special election for California State Senate District 16. The seat is vacant following Michael J. Rubio's (D) resignation on February 22, 2013 to accept a job with Chevron. Vidak faced Francisco Ramirez (D), Leticia Perez (D), Paulina Miranda (D) and Mohammad Arif (Peace and Freedom) in the special election which took place on May 21, 2013. As no candidate took more than 50 percent of the vote, the top two vote-getters - Perez and Vidak - will meet in a runoff election on July 23.
- ↑ KBPS.org, "Special Election Set To Fill State Senate Vacancy," March 8, 2013
- ↑ sos.ca.gov, "Senate District 16 Special Primary Election - May 21, 2013," accessed April 8, 2013
- ↑ turnto23.com, "Andy Vidak wins 16th State Senate district special election," May 22, 2013
- ↑ bakersfieldnow.com, "Dramatic turn in special election as Vidak falls below 50 percent of vote," May 24, 2013