|Governor of Rhode Island|
|J.D.||Georgetown University Law Center|
An attorney by trade, Taveras was appointed to serve as an Associate Judge on the Providence Housing Court in 2007. In 2010, he stepped down from this position to run for Mayor of Providence. Taveras won a four-way Democratic Primary and went on to win the November general election with 82 percent of the vote. He was sworn in as mayor on January 3, 2011.
- Bachelors degree, Harvard
- JD, Georgetown University Law Center
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Angel + Taveras + Rhode + Island + Governor"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Coventry Dems Endorse Angel Taveras for RI Governor - Patch.com
- RI gov hopeful Fung reveals role in fatal car crash - USA TODAY
- Raimondo Kicks Off Campaign For Governor, Rolls Out Ideas - Rhode Island Public Radio
- Raimondo, Taveras back Chafee budget; Fung wants lower taxes - WPRI-TV 12
- Raimondo launches campaign for Rhode Island governor - Washington Post (blog)
- Darrell West Talks DC, Clinton & RI Gov's Race in Sold Out Speech - GoLocalProv
- Five Providence elected officials support Raimondo for governor - WLNE-TV (ABC6)
- NEW: Raimondo Launches Bid for Rhode Island Governor - GoLocalProv
- Gubernatorial hopeful discloses decades-old crash that killed a man - Washington Post (blog)
- John Perilli: The Fallout of Political Retribution - GoLocalProv
State of Rhode Island
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | General Treasurer | Auditor General | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Environmental Management | Director of Labor | Chair of Public Utilities |