Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Arizona State Senate, District 19|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Cotera earned her B.A. in Plan II: Honors Liberal Arts from the University of Texas Austin in 1986. She also received a B.S. in Engineering Science from the University of Texas at Austin in 1986. She went on to earn her Ph.D. in Applied Physics from Stanford University in 1995.
Cotera was a nuclear engineer for the Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station from 1986 to 1988. She then worked as a graduate teaching assistant at Stanford University from 1989 to 1991. From 1991 to 1995, she was a NASA graduate research fellow for the National Aeronautics and Space Administration Ames Research Center/Stanford University. Cotera worked as a national research council fellow for the National Aeronautics and Space Administration Jet Propulsion Laboratory from 1995 to 1998. She then worked as a research associate for Steward Observatory at the University of Arizona from 1998 to 2002. From 2002 to 2003 she was a lecturer of Astronomy at Arizona State University. Finally, she was employed by the Carl Sagan Center's Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence Institute as principal investigator from 2003 to 2008.
Cotera's campaign website highlights the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Angela will fight everyday at the Legislature to restore our public schools so they work for everyone and so every child has the opportunity to fulfill their potential."
- Excerpt: "Angela will work with our local and state leaders to raise the minimum wage and bring more and better jobs to the West Valley."
- Excerpt: "All reproductive health care decisions should be private between a woman, her doctor, her family, and her faith."
- See also: Arizona State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Arizona State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 26, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was May 28, 2014. Representative Lupe Contreras defeated Angela Cotera in the Democratic primary. Joseph "Joe" Hobbs was unopposed in the Republican primary. Contreras defeated Hobbs in the general election.
|Arizona State Senate, District 19 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Arizona House of Representatives, District 12 General Election (2010)|
|Steve Montenegro (R)||36,623|
|Jerry Weiers (R)||35,724|
|Angela Cotera (D)||30,543|
|Justin Dahl (G)||6,762|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Angela + Cotera + Arizona + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Arizona State Legislature
- Arizona state legislative districts
- Arizona House of Representatives
- Arizona House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Official campaign website
- Angela Cotera on Facebook
- Arizona State Legislature
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Full list of candidates filed for the Arizona primary
- Cotera for AZ, "On the Issues," accessed July 28, 2014
- Arizona Secretary of State, "Unofficial primary election results," accessed August 27, 2014
- Arizona Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election," May 28, 2014
- Arizona Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed September 11, 2014
- Arizona Secretary of State, "General election results," accessed December 13, 2013