|Illinois House of Representatives District 77|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Supervisor, Leyden Township|
|Bachelor's||DePaul University, 1980|
|Birthday||May 20, 1958|
|Place of birth||Chicago, IL|
- 1 Committee assignments
- 2 Issues
- 3 Elections
- 4 Campaign donors
- 5 Scorecards
- 6 Recent news
- 7 External links
- 8 References
Saviano is a small business owner. Prior to his election to the House he was a Supervisor in Leyden Township from 1989-1993.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Saviano served on the following committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Saviano served on the following committees:
- Appropriations-Human Services
- Appropriations-Public Safety
- Business Occupational Licenses
- Health Care Licenses (Ranking Minority Member)
- Health & Healthcare Disparities
- Public Utilities
- Subcommittee on Affordable Alzheimer's Services
Saviano ran for re-election in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 77. Saviano was unopposed in the March 20 Republican primary and was defeated by Kathleen Willis (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 77, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Angelo Saviano Incumbent||47.4%||12,357|
Saviano's campaign website lists the following endorsements, among others:
- Addison Mayor Larry Hartwig
- Addison Township Republican Chairman Patrick Durante
- Associated Fire Fighters of Illinois
- American Nurses Association - Illinois / Illinois Society for Advanced Practice Nursing
- Bensenville Mayor Frank Soto
Saviano won re-election to the 77th District Seat in 2010 with no opposition.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 77 (2010)|
|Angelo Saviano (R)||14,596||100.0%|
He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on February 2nd. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 77 (2008)|
|Angelo Saviano (R)||21,848|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 77 (2006)|
|Angelo Saviano (R)||16,009|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Saviano collected $1,027,872 in campaign contributions. The largest contributors are listed below:
|Illinois House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Angelo Saviano's campaign in 2010|
|Operating Engineers Local 150||$55,000|
|Illinois Education Association||$34,500|
|Illinois State Medical Society||$30,000|
|Bradley A Stephens Committeeman Fund||$27,235|
|Construction & General Laborers District Council Of Chicago & Vicinity||$25,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$1,027,872|
In 2008, Saviano collected $1,204,716 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to his campaign.
|Illinois State Medical Society||$20,000|
|Associated Beer Distributors of Illinois||$20,000|
|Illinois Realtors Association||$18,000|
|Construction & General Laborers District Council of Chicago & Vicinity||$16,250|
|Chicago Auto Trade Association||$15,000|
Illinois Opportunity Project
The Illinois Opportunity Project, "an independent research and public policy enterprise that promotes legislative solutions in advance of free markets and free minds," annually releases its Legislative Vote Card, grading all members in both chambers of the Illinois General Assembly on the basis of their support of "pro-growth economic policies that increase personal freedom and reign in expansive government."
Saviano received a score of 75.00 out of 100 in 2012 for a grade of B- according to the IOP’s grading scale. His score was tied for the 12th highest among all 120 members of the Illinois House of Representatives included in the Vote Card.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Angelo + Saviano + Illinois + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Skip Saviano campaign website
- Facebook page
- Illinois General Assembly - Representative Angelo Saviano (R) 77th District
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Saviano
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Additional Illinois Endorsements," March 15, 2012
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed January 18, 2013
- Skip Saviano, "Endorsements," accessed October 25, 2012
- Illinois Official 2010 General Election Results
- Illinois House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- Illinois House of Representatives official election results for 2006
- Follow the money - Illinois House 2010 donors
- Saviano Campaign Donors
- Illinois Opportunity Project, "The Project," accessed February 21, 2013
- Illinois Opportunity Project, Legislative Vote Card home page, accessed February 21, 2013
|Illinois House of Representatives District 77
| Succeeded by|
Kathleen Willis (D)
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |