Angie Chen Button
|Angie Chen Button|
|Texas State House, District 112|
|2009 - Present|
|January 13, 2015|
|Years in position||6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Texas-Dallas|
Button earned her Master's in Public Finance/Management Services from the University of Texas at Dallas. She works as a Marketing Manager with Texas Instruments and is a certified public accountant.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Button served on the following committees:
|Texas Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Technology, Vice-chair|
|• Ways & Means|
During the 2011-2012 legislative session, Button served on the following Texas House of Representatives committees:
|Texas Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Technology, Economic Development & Workforce, Vice-chair|
- HB 1116 - Relating to tax incentives for certain businesses for job creation and retention.
- HB 1205 - Relating to the circumstances in which the approval of the governing body of a taxing unit is required for refunds of overpayments or erroneous payments of ad valorem taxes.
- HB 2430 - Relating to lobbying by former members of the legislature; creating an offense.
Button ran in the 2012 election for Texas House of Representatives, District 112. Button ran unopposed in the May 29 primary election. She was unchallenged in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
| Texas House of Representatives, District 112 |
2010 General election results
|Angie Chen Button (R)||22,206||83.21%|
|Troy Camplin (L)||4,478||16.78%|
On November 4, 2008, Button won election to the Texas House of Representatives from the 112th District, receiving 30,998 votes ahead of Democrat Sandra Phuong Vule (21,919) and Libertarian Philip White (2,372). She raised $886,767 for her campaign; Vule raised $140,662.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 112|
|Angie Chen Button (R)||30,998||56.06%|
|Sandra Phuong Vule (D)||21,919||39.64%|
|Philip M. White (L)||2,372||4.29%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Button raised a total of $136,128 in 2010. Below are her top four campaign contributors in the 2010 election:
|Liu, S. Jianchun||$8,000|
|Perry, Bob J.||$7,500|
Button raised $886,767 in 2008. Her top five campaign contributors are listed below.
|Darcy & Angie Button||$380,000|
|Stars Over Texas PAC||$30,000|
|Texans for Lawsuit Reform||$27,890|
|Bob J Perry||$15,000|
Empower Texans Fiscal Responsibility Index
Empower Texans produces the Fiscal Responsibility Index as "a measurement of how lawmakers perform on size and role of government issues." The index uses "exemplar votes on core budget and free enterprise issues that demonstrate legislators' governing philosophy." Legislators are graded along a standard grading scale, receiving grades A through F based on their performance during the legislative session.
Angie Chen Button received a grade of B on the 2011 Fiscal Responsibility Index.
- 2011 Taxpayer Advocate. Button was named a "2011 Taxpayer Advocate," which is "An award presented to by Texans for Fiscal Responsibility to legislators based on their strong rating on the most recent Fiscal Responsibility Index."
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Angie + Button + Texas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Angie Chen Button's campaign website
- Texas House of Representatives - Rep. Angie Chen Button
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Texas State Directory profile
- Texas Political Almanac HD 112
- Texas Tribune profile & bio
- Vote-TX.org profile
- State Surge profile
- Texas Conservative Coalition profile
- Angie Chen Button on Facebook
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Button
- Texas Legislature - Bills Authored/Joint Authored by Rep. Button
- Texas GOP list of candidates for 2012 Elections
- Texas Secretary of State Election History
- Official Texas Election Results
- Texas House official election results for 2008
- District 112 Texas House candidate funds, 2008
- Follow the Money - 2010 Campaign contributions
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
- Empower Texans, "Fiscal Responsibility Index"
- Empower Texans, "2011 Taxpayer Advocates
|Texas House District 112
| Succeeded by|
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |