|New York State Assembly District 97|
|2005 - Present|
|January 7, 2013|
|Years in position||9|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Place of birth||Brooklyn, NY|
|Profession||Owner, Operator, O'Hare's Pub|
Rabbitt is the owner and operator of O'Hare's Pub. She and her husband, Robert, have two children; Robert III and Erin.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Rabbitt has been appointed to the following committees:
- Consumer Affairs and Protection Committee, New York State Assembly
- Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry Committee, New York State Assembly
- Labor Committee, New York State Assembly
- Local Governments Committee, New York State Assembly
- Veterans' Affairs Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Rabbitt served on the following committees:
- Consumer Affairs and Protection Committee, New York Assembly
- Environmental Conservation Committee, New York Assembly
- Local Governments Committee, New York Assembly
- Small Business Committee, New York Assembly
- Tourism, Parks, Arts and Sports Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Rabbitt ran in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 98. She ran unopposed in the Republican primary on September 13, 2012. She also ran on the Independence Party of New York State ticket. She defeated Gerard T. McQuade, Jr. in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New York State Assembly, District 98, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Gerard T. McQuade, Jr.||44.5%||20,064|
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Rabbitt ran unopposed in the September 14 Republican primary. She defeated Myrna Kemnitz (D) in the general election on November 2. In addition to her slot on the Republican Party ticket, Rabbitt was also listed as a candidate of the Independence Party of New York State and the Conservative Party.
|New York State Assembly, District 97 2010|
|Ann Rabbitt (R)||22,046|
|Myrna Kemnitz (D)||18,131|
On November 4, 2008 Rabbitt won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 97, defeating opponent Jerome Sommer (D).
Rabbitt raised $65,591 for his campaign while Sommer raised $19,516.
|New York State Assembly, District 97 2008|
|Ann Rabbitt (R)||32,400|
|Jerome Sommer (D)||20,118|
In 2010, Rabbitt received $63,169 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New York State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Ann Rabbitt's campaign in 2010|
|Crystal Run Healthcare||$3,950|
|Laborers Local 17||$3,775|
|New York State Correctional Officers||$2,000|
|New York State United Teachers||$1,850|
|Total Raised in 2010||$63,169|
In the 2008 election, Rabbitt raised a total of $65,591.
Her five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|New York State United Teachers||$2,200|
|Friends of Ben Winstanley||$2,000|
|International Association Of Bridge Structural Ornamental & Reinforcing Iron Workers||$1,650|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Ann + Rabbitt + New York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York Assembly - Rep. Ann Rabbitt
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Rabbitt
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, Candidate Petition List, retrieved August 15, 2012.
- ABC News, "New York unofficial 2012 primary election results," accessed September 13, 2012
- New York Times NY state legislative election results
- Follow the Money's report 2008 Campaign donations in New York
- Follow the Money - 2010 contributions
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
|New York Assembly - District 97
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |