Revision as of 07:53, 9 June 2011 by Pthrower
Maine State Senate, District 18
|Profession||Executive Director, Prescription Policy Choices|
|Website||Ann Woloson for State Senate|
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2010
In the June 8th primary election, Woloson ran unopposed. 
|Maine State Senate, District 18 - Democratic Primary (2010)|
Woloson's campaign website lists several main issues: 
- Education - "Adjustments to the school funding formula need to be made to address these issues fairly and to meet the needs of different communities and a realistic plan needs to be developed to reverse the State's funding trend. Schools which have worked hard to control costs and create efficiencies should be rewarded for doing so."
- Higher education - "Partnerships with local schools to meet education and community needs should be encouraged, and college students should receive credit for participating in such partnerships. I will prioritize education funding and work to develop and propose a plan to provide adequate resources to make sure those who want to continue their education have the opportunity to do so."
- Jobs - Woloson believes that Maine businesses need to be rewarded for keeping jobs in Maine. She also believes that policymakers must focus on these issues to control costs for Maine businesses.
- Businesses - Woloson believes that businesses should be recognized for the contributions they make to the community. "More needs to be done to encourage such relationships to symbiotically meet the needs of our communities and encourage business growth."
- Taxes - Woloson believes in easing Maine's tax burden and fostering financial security.
- Health care - "Preserve consumer rights and protections as health care reform becomes a reality in Maine."
- Protecting those in need - "Preserve Maine's safety net for our elderly, veterans, disabled, and others in need."
- Energy - "Promote clean and green energy, while safeguarding our environment."
- List of candidates certified for the June 8, 2010 primary in Maine
- Biography from Project Vote Smart