Anne B. Crockett-Stark
|Anne B. Crockett-Stark|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Virginia House of Delegates District 6|
|2006 - Present|
|Years in position||8|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 3, 2009|
|Next general||November 8, 2011|
|Place of birth||Wytheville, VA|
Crockett-Stark worked as an educator and guidance counselor in Wythe County for 32 years.
Crockett-Stark earned her B.S. and M.S. from Radford University. She has completed some doctoral work at Virginia Tech.
On her website Crockett-Stark lists some of her legislative accomplishments:
- Transportation: supported streamlining V-DOT, adding $1.3 billion in new road/rail projects annually
- Economic Development: sponsored legislation creating an economic development partnership between Tazewell and Mercer Counties.
- Eminent Domain: voted to strengthen the definition of public use to protect property owners.
- Education: voted to add almost $2 billion more in Public Education funding, increasing Higher Education funding by 21%.
- Health Care: voted to increase funding for Health Care by 19%.
- Health, Welfare and Institutions
- Subcommittee #2
- Counties, Cities and Towns
- Subcommittee #1 (Chair)
- Science and Technology
- Subcommittee #1
- HB 1918 Coal combustion by-products; use, reuse, or reclamation in a flood plain.
- HB 1919 Prisoner keep; increases amount locality may charge inmate to defray costs associated therewith.
- HB 1920 Revenue-sharing funds; allows town with populations of no more than 15,000 to use those allocated.
- HB 2004 Firearm silencer; shifts burden of proof that firearm is registered from State to defendant.
On November 8, 2011, Crockett-Stark won re-election to District 6 of the Virginia House of Delegates. She was uncontested in the August 23 primary and ran unopposed in the November 8 general election.
On November 3, 2009, Crockett-Stark was elected to the 6th District Seat in the Virginia House of Delegates, defeating Carole Pratt (D).
Crockett-Stark raised $150,267 for her campaign, while Pratt raised $274,655. 
|Virginia House of Delegates, District 6 (2009)|
The top 5 donors to Crockett-Stark's 2009 campaign:
|Dominion Leadership Trust||$37,815|
|Howell for Delegate||$11,000|
|Republican Party of Virginia||$10,739|
|Kilgore for Delegate||$5,000|
|Virginia Dental Association||$4,000|
Crockett-Stark and her late husband, Carl Stark, have two children.
- Delegate Anne B. Crockett-Stark official website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Crockett-Stark
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- VA House of Delegate Republican Caucus profile
- Delegate Crockett-Stark Facebook profile
- State Surge - legislative and voting track record
|Virginia House of Delegates District 6
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |