|Anne C. Hajek|
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 14|
|January 13, 2015|
|Years in position||0|
|Base salary||$12,000/two-year term|
|Per diem||$110/legislative day|
|Bachelor's||South Dakota State University (1973)|
|Master's||South Dakota State University (1976)|
|J.D.||University of South Dakota Law School (1990)|
Hajek is a practicing lawyer. She previously worked as an educator, science instructor, and counselor at the middle school level.
Hajek was elected to the Sioux Falls City Council in 1994 and re-elected in 1996. She was then elected to the Minnehaha County commission in 2002 and re-elected in 2006, choosing not to run in 2010. 2012 is her first time running for the state legislature.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Hajek served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Local Government|
In information submitted to Ballotpedia, Hajek outlined the major issues of her campaign:
"The key issues I see facing our State are economic development and education. With more federal mandates on the horizon, our State will face unprecedented financial pressures. So we need to concentrate on prudent and effective use of taxpayer dollars and eliminate waste. That also means wisely using valuable legislative time to work on matters critical to shaping a great future for the people who make South Dakota their home."
Hajek won election in the 2012 election for South Dakota House of Representatives District 14. Hajek advanced past the Republican primary on June 5 and won election in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 14 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Anna C. Hajek||37%||946|
|Larry P. Zikmund||34.5%||882|
|R. Shawn Tornow Incumbent||28.4%||726|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Anne + Hajek + South Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Hajek has been affiliated with the following organizations:
- Sioux Falls Park and Recreation Board 1998-2008
- Board of Trustees for South Dakota State University Foundation 2008-present
- Junior Achievement Teacher 2003-present
- YWCA Mentor Program, Mentor 2012
- Women in Giving, SDSU
- South Dakota Association of County Commissioners, Executive Board, 2006-2010
- Bishop’s Review Board for Eastern Diocese of South Dakota, 2004-present
- Wegner Health Science Information Center, Board of Directors, 2003-2006
- South Eastern Council of Governments, Board of Directors 2004-2010
- Volunteer at Habitat for Humanity, Francis Shelter, Banquet and Feeding America,
- Minnehaha County Planning Commission, 2003-2006
- Minnehaha County Economic Development Association, Director 2007-2010
- Catholic Family Services for Eastern South Dakota, 1996-2002, Board of Directors and past chair
- Interlakes Community Action, 2003-2004 County Commission Liaison to Board of Directors
- Sioux Empire Fair Association 2008-2010, County Commission Liaison to Board of Directors
- Sioux Falls Human Relations Commission 1991—1994, Board Member, past Chair
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Biographical information submitted to Ballotpedia, May 14, 2012
- ↑ Office of the South Dakota Secretary of State "2012 Primary Election Candidate List," Accessed April 9, 2012
- ↑ South Dakota Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," June 25, 2012
R. Shawn Tornow (R)
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 14
| Succeeded by|