For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Maryland House of Delegates District 14|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||12|
|Chief Deputy Majority Whip, Maryland State House of Delegates|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Chicago, 1990|
|Master's||University of Michigan, 1995|
|Date of birth||February 10, 1968|
|Place of birth||Washington, DC|
Kaiser served as Chief Deputy Majority Whip from 2011 to 2013.
Kaiser's professional experience includes working as an Economist and Policy Analyst with the United States Treasury Department, Policy Analyst with the Maryland Department of Education, teaching assistant at the University of Michigan, legislative assistant to Delegate Henry B. Heller, and staff assistant to United States Representative Neal Smith.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Kaiser served on these committees: Special Advisory Committee on Legislative Data Systems
- Subcommittee on Education, Chair
- Subcommittee on Vice Chair's
- Ways & Means
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Kaiser served on these committees:
- Children, Youth, & Families (Chair)
- Federal Relations
- Ways & Means
- Subcommittee on Education (Chair)
- Subcommittee on Vice Chair's
- Welfare Reform
Elections for the office of Maryland House of Delegates took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 24, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 25, 2014. Incumbents Anne R. Kaiser, Eric Luedtke and Craig J. Zucker defeated Valerie A. Nia Shell in the Democratic primary, while Patricia Fenati, Michael A. Ostroff and Sharon Trexler Begosh were unopposed in the Republican primary. Kaiser, Luedtke and Zucker defeated Fenati, Ostroff and Begosh for three seats in the general election. Nia Shell ran as a write-in candidate in the general election.
|Maryland House of Delegates, District 14 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Anne Kaiser Incumbent||32.5%||8,335|
|Craig Zucker Incumbent||30.9%||7,922|
|Eric Luedtke Incumbent||25.9%||6,647|
|Valerie A. Nia Shell||10.8%||2,763|
|Maryland House of Delegates, District 14 General Election (2010)|
|Anne Kaiser (D)||23,503|
|Craig Zucker (D)||22,148|
|Eric Luedtke (D)||21,165|
|Patricia Fenati (R)||14,866|
|Henry Kahwaty (R)||14,152|
|Maria Pena-Faustino (R)||13,639|
On November 7, 2006, Anne Kaiser ran for District 14 of the Maryland House of Delegates, winning the first of three seats, beating Karen Montgomery, Herman Taylor, II, John McKinnis, John Austin, and Jim Goldberg .
Anne Kaiser raised $67,195 for her campaign.
|Maryland House of Delegates, District 14|
|Anne Kaiser (D)||24,500||21.8%|
|Karen Montgomery (D)||24,478||21.8%|
|Herman Taylor, II (D)||24,273||21.6%|
|John McKinnis (R)||13,471||12.0%|
|John Austin (R)||12,963||11.5%|
|Jim Goldberg (R)||12,603||11.2%|
In 2010, a year in which Kaiser was up for re-election, she collected $65,818 in donations.
Her largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Maryland House of Delegates 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Anne Kaiser's campaign in 2010|
|Maryland Education Association||$5,000|
|Mcgeo Food & Commercial Workers Local 1994||$3,100|
|Montgomery County Career Fire Fighters Association Local 1664||$2,000|
|Maryland Realtors Association||$1,600|
|Friends Of Ike Leggett||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$65,818|
In 2006, Anne Kaiser collected $67,195 in donations.
Her five largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Amalgamated Transit Union||$2,000|
|McGeo Food & Commercial Workers Local 1994||$1,550|
Kaiser is House Chair of the Maryland Educators Caucus, and a member of the County Affairs Committee - Montgomery County Delegation, Maryland Bicycle and Pedestrian Caucus, Maryland Green Caucus, and Women Legislators of Maryland.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Anne + Kaiser + Maryland + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maryland State Legislature
- Maryland House of Delegates
- Maryland House Committees
- Maryland Joint Committees
- Maryland House of Delegates District 14
- Maryland House of Delegates - Rep. Anne Kaiser
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 3, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Official 2014 Gubernatorial Primary Election results for House of Delegates," accessed December 5, 2014
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed March 4, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Official 2006 Gubernatorial General Election results for House of Delegates," accessed March 24, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Kaiser's 2006 campaign contributions," accessed March 25, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Maryland 2010 - Candidates," accessed March 24, 2014
- Follow the Money, Anne Kaiser
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Kaiser's Biography," accessed March 25, 2014
State of Maryland
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |