|New Jersey General Assembly District 20|
|2008 - Present|
|Years in position||7|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 5, 2013|
|J.D.||Rutgers Law School|
|Date of birth||07/04/1962|
Quijano earned her B.S. in Management from Rutgers and her J.D. from Rutgers School of Law. Her professional experience includes serving as an Assistant Counsel to Governors McGreevy, Codey, and Corzine as well as working an adjunct Professor at Kean University as well as a per diem prosecutor for the City of Elizabeth.
- Judiciary (Vice-Chair)
- Regulatory Oversight and Gaming Committee (Vice-Chair)
- Telecommunications and Utilities
Assemblywoman Quijano and others welcome home the 50th Infantry Brigade Combat Team
- A1762 Requires health insurers to provide benefits for computed tomography scans for persons at high risk of developing lung cancer.
- A3988 Requires the State and local contracting units to purchase biodiesel or biodiesel blended fuel manufactured in NJ.
- A3989 Requires State entities to purchase biofuels in place of fossil fuels when it is reasonable, prudent and cost effective to do so.
- A4060 Requires telecommunications companies to provide caller location information to law enforcement officials in emergency situations.
Quijano ran in the 2013 election for New Jersey General Assembly District 20. Quijano is bracketed with Joseph Cryan. He was unopposed in the June 4 Democratic primary. He is challenged by Charles Donelly (R) and Christopher Hackett (R) in the general election which takes place on November 5, 2013.
Quijano won re-election for District 20 of the New Jersey General Assembly. Quijano and fellow incumbent Joseph Cryan ran bracketed together and defeated Tony Monteiro and Carlos Cedeno in the June 7 Democratic Primary. They then defeated John Donoso in the November 8 general election.
|New Jersey General Assembly District 20 General Election, 2011|
|Democratic||Joseph Cryan Incumbent||42.7%||12,104|
|Democratic||Annette Quijano Incumbent||42.7%||12,116|
|New Jersey General Assembly District 20 Democratic Primary, 2011|
|Joseph Cryan Incumbent||27.6%||8,161|
|Annette Quijano Incumbent||27%||7,977|
|New Jersey Assembly General Election, Twentieth Legislative District (2009)|
|Joseph Cryan (D)||20,607|
|Annette Quijano (D)||20,054|
In 2011, Quijano received $404,165 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New Jersey General Assembly 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Annette Quijano's campaign in 2011|
|Cmte To Elect Lesniak Cryan & Quijano||$44,648|
|New Jersey State Laborers||$16,400|
|International Longshoremens Association||$16,400|
|New Jersey Regional Council Of Carpenters||$15,400|
|Total Raised in 2011||$404,165|
|Total Votes received in 2011||12,116|
|Cost of each vote received||$33.36|
Below are Quijano's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2009 election:
|District Council Of Northern New Jersey Ironworkers||$5,500|
|New Jersey Education Association||$4,250|
|New Jersey Regional Council Of Carpenters||$4,000|
|Heavy & General Construction Laborers Local 472||$2,500|
Quijano was endorsed by:
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Annette + Quijano + New Jersey + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Jersey General Assembly - Hon. Annette Quijano
- Annette Quijano Official Campaign Website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2011, 2009
- NJ Assembly Dems - Assemblywoman Quijano
- Annette Quijano on Facebook
- "Annette Quijano Official Campaign Website", Accessed May 9, 2013
- New Jersey Legislature - Bills by Sponsor
- Union County Unofficial Primary Results, June 4, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, 2011 Official General Assembly Primary Candidate List
- Official New Jersey Assembly General Election Results
- Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign contributions
- Politicker NJ, 2011 AFL-CIO endorsed candidates, accessed Aug. 5, 2011
|New Jersey General Assembly District 20
| Succeeded by|
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |