|New Jersey General Assembly District 20|
|2008 - Present|
|January 12, 2016|
|Years in position||6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|J.D.||Rutgers Law School|
|Birthday||July 4, 1962|
Quijano earned her B.S. in Management from Rutgers and her J.D. from Rutgers School of Law. Her professional experience includes serving as an Assistant Counsel to Governors McGreevy, Codey and Corzine, as an adjunct Professor at Kean University and as a per diem prosecutor for the City of Elizabeth.
- Judiciary (Vice-Chair)
- Regulatory Oversight and Gaming Committee (Vice-Chair)
- Telecommunications and Utilities
Assemblywoman Quijano and others welcome home the 50th Infantry Brigade Combat Team
- A1762 Requires health insurers to provide benefits for computed tomography scans for persons at high risk of developing lung cancer.
- A3988 Requires the State and local contracting units to purchase biodiesel or biodiesel blended fuel manufactured in NJ.
- A3989 Requires State entities to purchase biofuels in place of fossil fuels when it is reasonable, prudent and cost effective to do so.
- A4060 Requires telecommunications companies to provide caller location information to law enforcement officials in emergency situations.
Quijano won re-election in the 2013 election for New Jersey General Assembly District 20. Quijano was bracketed with Joseph Cryan. She was unopposed in the June 4 Democratic primary. She and incumbent Joseph Cryan (D) defeated Charles Donnelly (R) and Christopher Hackett (R) in the general election which took place on November 5, 2013. 
Quijano won re-election for District 20 of the New Jersey General Assembly. Quijano and fellow incumbent Joseph Cryan ran bracketed together and defeated Tony Monteiro and Carlos Cedeno in the June 7 Democratic Primary. They then defeated John Donoso in the November 8 general election.
|New Jersey General Assembly District 20 General Election, 2011|
|Democratic||Joseph Cryan Incumbent||42.7%||12,104|
|Democratic||Annette Quijano Incumbent||42.7%||12,116|
|New Jersey General Assembly District 20 Democratic Primary, 2011|
|Joseph Cryan Incumbent||27.6%||8,161|
|Annette Quijano Incumbent||27%||7,977|
|New Jersey Assembly General Election, Twentieth Legislative District (2009)|
|Joseph Cryan (D)||20,607|
|Annette Quijano (D)||20,054|
Comprehensive donor information for Quijano is available dating back to 2009. Based on available campaign finance records, Quijano raised a total of $541,104 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 16, 2013.
|Annette Quijano's Campaign Contribution History|
|2011||New Jersey General Assembly, District 20||$404,165|
|2009||New Jersey General Assembly, District 20||$136,939|
|Grand Total Raised||$541,104|
2011Quijano won re-election to the New Jersey General Assembly in 2011. During that election cycle, Quijano raised a total of $404,165.
|New Jersey General Assembly 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Annette Quijano's campaign in 2011|
|Cmte to Elect Lesniak Cryan & Quijano||$44,648|
|New Jersey State Laborers||$16,400|
|International Longshoremens Association||$16,400|
|New Jersey Regional Council of Carpenters||$15,400|
|Total Raised in 2011||$404,165|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2009Quijano won re-election to the New Jersey General Assembly in 2009. During that election cycle, Quijano raised a total of $136,939.
|New Jersey General Assembly 2009 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Annette Quijano's campaign in 2009|
|District Council of Northern New Jersey Ironworkers||$5,500|
|New Jersey Education Association||$4,250|
|New Jersey Regional Council of Carpenters||$4,000|
|Heavy & General Construction Laborers Local 472||$2,500|
|Total Raised in 2009||$136,939|
|Source:Follow the Money|
- The New Jersey AFL-CIO
- Planned Parenthood Action Fund of New Jersey
In 2011, Quijano’s endorsements included the following:
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Annette + Quijano + New Jersey + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Jersey General Assembly - Hon. Annette Quijano
- Quijano and Cryan's Campaign website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2011, 2009
- NJ Assembly Dems - Assemblywoman Quijano
- Annette Quijano on Facebook
- New Jersey Department of State, Official Primary Results
- New Jersey Department of State, Unofficial general election candidates
- "Annette Quijano Official Campaign Website", Accessed May 9, 2013
- New Jersey Legislature - Bills by Sponsor
- New Jersey Department of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," Accessed July 26, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official general election candidates," August 28, 2013
- Associated Press, "New Jersey - Summary Vote Results," November 6, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "2013 Official General Election results," accessed December 9, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, 2011 Official General Assembly Primary Candidate List
- Official New Jersey Assembly General Election Results
- followthemoney.org, "Quijano, Annette" Accessed August 16, 2013
- PolitickerNJ.com, "AFL-CIO endorses candidates for elections", Accessed September 4, 2013
- Planned Parenthood NJ "Planned Parenthood Action Fund of New Jersey Announces Endorsements in State Elections," accessed September 5, 2013
- Politicker NJ, 2011 AFL-CIO endorsed candidates, accessed Aug. 5, 2011
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |