|South Carolina House District 98|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Young graduated from R.B. Stall High School.
Young is the President of Young Enterprises.
Young was a delegate at the National Republican Convention in 1988. She then served as Chair of the Dorchester Republican Party from 1988 to 1990. She also served as Chair of the Dorchester County Legislative Delegation from 1991 to 1994. Young joined the South Carolina House of Representatives in 1991 and served in that position until 2010. In 1995, she served as House Majority Leader. She represented the 98th District.
While in the South Carolina House, Young served on the following committees:
- Ethics Committee, South Carolina House, Vice Chair
- Judiciary Committee, South Carolina House
- Ways and Means Committee, South Carolina House, First Vice Chair
- Subcommittee on Budget and Finance
- Subcommittee on Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice, Chair
- Subcommittee on Property Tax
- Subcommittee on Revenue Policy
Young did not run for re-election to District 98 in 2010.
On November 4, 2008 Young won re-election unopposed to the South Carolina House of Representatives with 14,446 votes, representing District 98.
Young raised $77,509 for his campaign.
|South Carolina House of Representatives, District 98 (2008)|
|Annette Young (R)||14,446|
Young raised $77,509 in the 2008 election cycle.
His major contributors are listed below.
|House Republican Caucus of South Carolina||$5,000|
|Palmetto Leadership Council||$2,000|
|Burroughs & Chapin||$2,000|
|Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein||$2,000|
|South Carolina Optometric Association||$1,500|
Young is widowed and has two children.
- South Carolina House of Representative - Rep. Annette Young
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
|South Carolina House of Representatives District 98
| Succeeded by|
Chris Murphy (R)
State of South Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller General | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |