|U.S. House, California, District 8|
|California State Assembly|
In January 2010, Adams announced that he will not seek re-election in November 2010.
Adams earned a bachelor's degree from California State University-San Bernardino in political science, and a law degree from Western State University College of Law in Fullerton.
Capitol Weekly, California's major weekly periodical covering the state legislature, publishes an annual legislative scorecard to pin down the political or ideological leanings of every member of the legislature based on how they voted on an assortment of bills in the most recent legislative session. The 2009 scores were based on votes on 19 bills, but did not include how legislators voted on the Proposition 1A (2009). On the scorecard, "100" is a perfect liberal score and "0" is a perfect conservative score. ,
On the 2009 Capitol Weekly legislative scorecard, Adams ranked as a 14.
2009 recall effort
- See also: Anthony Adams recall, California, 2009
Assemblyman Adams, along with five other Republicans in the California State Legislature voted for Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's solution to the state's $41 billion dollar funding gap. The six Republicans became known as the Sacramento Six.
A group called "Atlas PAC" then launched a recall campaign against Adams because of his vote on the budget. However, it was announced on November 20, 2009 that the group had fallen short of its goal of collecting sufficient signatures to force a recall election. Election officials announced that about 46% of the signatures they reviewed were invalid. The group has to collect about 32,000 valid voter signatures by October 13, 2009--within 160 days of the California Secretary of State's office approving a recall petition.
Adams served on the following committees:
The assembly committees that Adams sits on are:
- Budget Committee, California General Assembly
- Elections and Redistricting Committee, California General Assembly (Vice Chair)
- Health Committee, California General Assembly
- Joint Legislative Budget Committee, California Legislature
- Select Committee on Preservation of California's Entertainment Industry
- Rules Committee, California General Assembly
- Rules Committee, California Legislature
Adams's sponsored legislation includes:
- AB 90 - Torts: personal liability immunity
- AB 238 - Renewable energy resources
- AB 1415 - Elections: voting procedures
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Adams was eligible but did not seek re-election in 2010.
In 2008 Adams was re-elected to the California State Assembly District 59. Adams (R) finished with 91,366 votes and was followed by Donald Williamson (D) with 73,011 votes and Maureen Keedy (L) with 14,744 votes.
|California State Assembly District 59|
|Anthony Adams (R)||91,366|
|Donald Williamson (D)||73,011|
Below are Adams's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|CA Medical Assoc||$10,200|
|San Manuel Band of Mission Indians||$7,200|
|Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians||$7,200|
|Pechanga Band of Luiseno Mission Indians||$7,200|
Adams and his wife, Deanna, have been married for twenty years and have resided in the city of Hesperia since 1996.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Anthony + Adams + California + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official website of Anthony Adams
- Legislative profile of Anthony Adams on Project Vote Smart
- Biographical profile of Anthony Adams on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006
- Anthony Adams on Vimeo
- Campaign website
- Facebook page
- Twitter account
- California State Assembly minority leaders
- Redlands Daily Facts, "New names taking advantage of Adams' decision", January 6, 2010
- Anthony Adams biography
- Capitol Weekly, "Capitol Weekly's Legislative Scorecard", December 17, 2009
- Fox and Hounds Daily, "Random Thoughts on the Political Scene", December 18, 2009
- Capitol Weekly", Downloadable 2009 Capitol Weekly State Legislative Scorecard
- Daily Press, Adams recall effort fails", November 20, 2009
- Anthony Adams committee membership
- California Secretary of State, Official candidate list
- Unofficial election results
- California Assembly election results
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
- Vote Anthony Adams "About" Accessed May 21, 2012
|California State Assembly District 59
| Succeeded by|
State of California
|Ballot measures by year||
1910 | 1911 | 1912 | 1914 | 1915 | 1916 | 1919 | 1920 | 1922 | 1924 | 1926 | 1928 | 1930 | 1932 | 1933 | 1934 | 1935 | 1936 | 1938 | 1939 | 1940 | 1942 | 1944 | 1946 | 1948 | 1949 | 1950 | 1952 | 1954 | 1956 | 1958 | 1960 | 1962 | 1964 | 1966 | 1968 | 1970 | 1972 | 1973 | 1974 | 1976 | 1978 | 1980 | 1982 | 1984 | 1986 | 1988 | 1990 | 1992 | 1993 | 1994 | 1996 | 1998 | 2000 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2006 (local) | 2008 | 2008 (local) | 2009 | 2009 (local) | 2010 | 2010 (local) | 2011 (local) | 2012 | 2012 (local) | 2014 | 2016 |
|State executive offices||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Controller | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary for Natural Resources | Director of Industrial Relations | President of Public Utilities |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
California school districts A - L |
California school districts M - Z |