|New York State Assembly District 116|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
January 1, 2013
Brindisi is a partner at Brindisi, Murad, Brindisi, Pearlman, Julian & Pertz, LLP. He is a graduate of Siena College and Albany Law School. He is member of the Utica School Board. Brindisi is married and has two children.
On his campaign site, Brindisi outlines his campaign themes:
- Creating Jobs: "Anthony’s number one priority will be to help foster an environment to create good-paying private sector jobs. As a small business owner himself, Anthony will bring his experience to Albany and hit the ground running. As a consensus builder, Anthony will work with both political parties to make real change for this region and create an environment that encourages growth and entrepreneurship."
- Real Tax Relief: "Middle-class families in Upstate New York pay some of the highest taxes in America. That is simply wrong. Anthony knows that the best way to grow our local economy is to reduce the undue burdens on businesses, both small and large. We also need real budget reform so that government functions within its means and we no longer have runaway spending. Anthony will work for real tax relief for middle-class families so we can encourage economic growth."
- Strong Public Schools: "As a member of the Utica School Board, Anthony is an expert on how to improve our local public schools. Anthony will be a tireless advocate for students, parents and taxpayers and will help re-work the state's funding formula for our schools to ensure that Central New York gets its fair share in education funding."
- Fixing Albany: "We need an Assemblyman who will work to put New York State back on the right track. Anthony will be an independent voice for working families and will work with members of both political parties to move Central New York forward."
Debate, 2011 special election
New York radio station, WIBX, hosted a debate between the District 116 special election candidates. Audio of the debate can be found here.
- Anthony Brindisi, Campaign site
- Anthony Brindisi, Facebook page
- Anthony Brindisi, Law firm profile
- Utica Phoenix, "Who is Anthony Brindisi?," March 18, 2011 (Interview)
- Utica Observer-Dispatch, "Dems choose Anthony Brindisi as Assembly candidate," March 25, 2011
- Utica Observer-Dispatch, "Anthony Brindisi issues statement on prison closure," July 5, 2011
- YNN, "Job creation top issue for 116th District Assembly candidates," August 22, 2011
- Utica Observer-Dispatch, "2 fight for the 116th Assembly District seat," August 22, 2011
- Utica Observer-Dispatch, "Door-to-door: 116th Assembly candidates hit the streets," August 20, 2011