Difference between revisions of "Anthony Bucco"
|Line 22:||Line 22:|
|Per diem =
|Per diem =
|Last election = [[New Jersey State Senate elections,
|Last election = [[New Jersey State Senate elections, |November , ]]
|Appointed by =
|Appointed by =
Revision as of 15:02, 22 August 2012
|New Jersey State Senate District 25|
|January 10, 2012|
|Years in position||16|
|Senate Deputy Minority Leader|
|Assistant Majority Whip, New Jersey General Assembly|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 8, 2011|
|New Jersey General Assembly|
|Years of service||1957-1965|
|Birthday||February 24, 1938|
|Place of birth||Boonton, NJ|
Bucco attended the Community College of New York and the Hume Institute. He also graduated from high school in 1956.
In addition to being a senator, Bucco was the President/Chief Executive Officer of Baker Adhesive Division from 2006 to 2007. Prior to his election to the senate, he was a Freeholder for the Morris County Board of Freeholders from 1989 to 1992 and was also the mayor of Boonton, New jersey from 1984 to 1989.
In the 2010-2011 legislative session, Bucco has been appointed to these committees:
- Joint Budget Oversight
- Budget and Appropriations
- Budget and Appropriations (Budget Hearings Only)
- Law and Public Safety and Veterans' Affairs
Bucco represents New Jersey Senate District 25, which includes the township of Morris, New Jersey.
Bucco was born on February 24, 1938 in Boonton, New Jersey. He and his wife, Helen, have one child: Anthony.
- See also: New Jersey State Senate elections, 2011
Bucco won re-election to the District 25 State Senate seat. He defeated challenger William Chegwidden in the June 7 Republican primary election. Bucco defeated Rick Thoeni (D) in the general election which took place on November 8, 2011. 
|New Jersey State Senate District 25 General Election, 2011|
|Republican||Anthony Bucco Incumbent||61%||19,228|
|New Jersey State Senate District 25 Republican Primary, 2011|
|Anthony Bucco Incumbent||65.8%||8,361|
In 2007, Bucco was re-elected to the New Jersey State Senate District 25. Bucco (R) finished with 23,754 votes and was followed by Frank Herbert (D) with 14,881 votes. Bucco raised $350,421 for his campaign fund. 
|New Jersey Senate 2007 General Election, District 25 (2007)|
|Anthony Bucco (R)||23,754|
|Frank Herbert (D)||14,881|
In 2011, Bucco received $423,367 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New Jersey State Senate 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Anthony Bucco's campaign in 2011|
|Kean For Senate||$8,200|
|New Jobs Business PAC Of New Jersey||$8,000|
|Michaels, Jeffrey T||$3,800|
|New Jersey Association Of Realtors||$3,500|
|Bug Juice Properties Inc||$3,500|
|Total Raised in 2011||$423,367|
|Total Votes received in 2011||19,228|
|Cost of each vote received||$22.02|
In 2007, Bucco collected $350,421 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to his campaign.
|New Jersey Coalition of Automotive Retailers||$5,350|
|New Jersey Education Association||$4,575|
|New Jersey Association of Realtors||$3,700|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Anthony + Bucco + New Jersey + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- State website of Anthony Bucco
- Anthony Bucco campaign site
- Anthony Bucco legislative profile on Project Vote Smart
- Anthony Bucco biography on Project Vote Smart
- New Jersey Republican Party biography of Anthony Bucco
- Anthony Bucco on Facebook
- Anthony Bucco on Twitter
- Bills Sponsored by Senators and Representatives
- Official website of Anthony Bucco
- Anthony Bucco at Project Vote Smart
- New Jersey Senate Districts By Number
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of New Jersey Leaders," December 15, 2011
- New Jersey Department of State, 2011 Official State Senate Primary Candidate List
- New Jersey State Senate election results
- Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
|New Jersey State Senate District 25
| Succeeded by|