Revision as of 15:03, 11 February 2014 by JaclynB
New York State Senate District 15
- See also: New York State Senate elections, 2010
Como's campaign website lists several main issues:
Anthony Como on Government Reform
- Small Business Tax Relief: "In the last two years, the liberal-controlled State Senate has imposed one crushing blow after another on small businesses. The liberal Democrats in the Senate have gutted the State’s job creation programs, slashing economic investment to the bone, – and allowing other states to step up their efforts to lure companies that want to escape New York’s hostile business climate."
- Stop Tax and Fee Increases: "In 2009 and 2010, the liberal Senate Democrats created 124 new taxes and fees, costing us $14 billion! It doesn’t have to be this way. From 1995 to 2008, Senate Republicans cut 19 different taxes 90 times for a cumulative total of more than $140 billion in tax relief...Unfortunately, each and every Senate Democrat voted to hurt property taxpayers across the State by completely eliminating the STAR Rebate Check Program in the 2009-10 State Budget—stripping more than $3 billion in tax relief away from hardworking, middle-class homeowners over the course of two years."
- Crime: "As a former prosecutor with the Queens District Attorney’s office, I know firsthand how important it is to keep our communities safe. Sadly, the incumbents in Albany are doing everything to empower criminals and diminish the security and safety of law abiding citizens...When elected to the New York Senate, I will support and champion tough laws that will help reduce crimes. In the years prior to Democrat takeover of Senate, Senate Republicans helped enact dozens of major criminal justice reforms. We need to get back to the days between 1995 and 2006 when New York State's crime rate dropped and lead other states in crime reduction."
- A Cleaner and Greener New York: "When elected to the New York State, I look forward to working with environmental leaders like Senator Frank Padavan. Under his leadership important legislative measures were adopted including the Wetlands Protection Act, the Bigger Better Bottle and the Global Warming Pollution Cap."
- New York Residents Tax Relief: "As our economy continues to struggle, middle class taxpayers and working families are having an extremely difficult time making ends meet. Unfortunately, Albany’s response to this economic crisis was to penalize New Yorkers by raising taxes, cutting jobs and eliminating important services. Hard working citizens are already overburdened with taxes, nuisance fines, hidden fees and increase cost of services. The time is now for government to tighten their belts, eliminate waste and curb spending. Albany must be fiscally responsible and more considerate of how it spends your hard earned tax dollars."
- BA, Queens College
- JD, Hofstra University Law School
- Assistant District Attorney, Queens
- Quens District Attorney Criminal Court Bureau
- Homicide Investigations Bureau
- Queens District Attorney's Kew Gardens II, Supreme Court Trial Bureau
- Attorney, Private Practice
- President, New York City Board of Elections.
- Official campaign website
- Official campaign facebook page
- Official campaign twitter page
- Official Project Vote Smart Biography
- YourNabe.com, "Addabbo, Como push rival Albany agendas," October 28, 2010
- Imagine Election profile