Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Virginia House of Delegates, District 53|
|High school||Flowing Wells High School|
|Bachelor's||Wabash College, 2010|
|Place of birth||Mesa, Arizona|
|Profession||Software Developer, IT Professional|
Tellez grew up in Tuscon, Arizona. He attended Flowing Wells High School, where he studied Military Studies and Math. He subsequently earned a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from Wabash College in 2010. He works as a software developer and in information technology.
Tellez's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- "Support the 2nd Amendment by proposing a constitutional right to concealed carry in Virginia."
- "Ensuring Virginian's Right to Privacy is not abridged by limiting the use of drones by the state and local police."
- "Reduce State spending via prison sentencing reform by decriminalizing marijuana and renew the focus on rehabilitation for non-violent criminals."
- "Liquor Law Reform"
- "Repeal of the Virginia Marriage Amendment"
In a biographical submission to Ballotpedia via email, Tellez outlined his political philosophy.
"Responsible government and accountability. Across the United States, states are running in the red and cities are going bankrupt. I want to strengthen our civic institutions by cutting government waste and fraud. I believe getting government out of roles it has no business being in will do much more for civil liberties than a government that is overbearing and leaves your life choices in the hands of bureaucrats. I have several platform issues listed on my website that elaborate further on 5 key action items I would like to accomplish. Above all I would like to empower individuals to make their own choices. I decided to run because I believe contested elections are the cornerstone of democracy. For the last 20 years, Republicans in the 53rd district challenged the incumbent only a handful of times. In March and April the hand picked successor of the incumbent (Marcus Simon) was not challenged during the Democratic primary and was unopposed in the general election. I made the decision to run because I believe voters should always be given a choice. This isn't a monarchy, where the king chooses his successor without consent from the people."
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Anthony + Tellez + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Virginia State Board of Elections, "2013 Official Candidates List for House of Delegates by District", Accessed July 11, 2013
- Anthony G. Tellez for Virginia State Delegate, District 53, "About Anthony" accessed July 24, 2013
- Biographical submission to Ballotpedia via email
- Anthony G. Tellez for Virginia State Delegate, District 53, "Will you vote for more of the same or make a change this election?" accessed July 24, 2013
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |