|U.S. House, California, District 35|
|Bachelor's||University of LaVerne|
was a 2012 Green Party
candidate seeking election to the U.S. House
representing the 35th Congressional District
Vieyra earned his AA in Economics from Chaffey College. He went on to receive his B.S. in Business Administration from the University of LaVerne. He also studied Agronomy and Agricultural Business at Cal Poly Pomona. Vieyra works in the finance and accounting field. He was previously employed by the Department of the Treasury/IRS.
Vieyra listed the following priorities in a biographical submission to Ballotpedia.
- Making the Inland Empire/Pomona Valley my priority!
- Bringing back jobs with better wages.
- Returning to a fair and progressive tax code that does not favor the extremely wealthy or corporations.
- Making education available for everybody with little or no cost.
- Stopping increases in education fees.
- Offering better support for our schools and teachers.
- Building more schools.
- Providing health care for all so that everybody can pursue their American dream without fear of illness.
- Improving our freeways, roads and infrastructure.
- Making sure the area is prepared for any disaster.
- Moving America into the 21st century by building up our internet, allowing everybody equal access to the Internet and promoting network neutrality (where internet service providers cannot give preferential treatment to whomever they prefer or by offering the internet up for sale).
- Continuing to support scientific research and education to improve our lives.
- Keeping our air, water, and food clean.
- Reduce our involvement in foreign wars and rebuilding other countries, which is costing us over $2 billion a week. Return our troops. Our pledge of support to other countries will be with services, not money or arming them for wars.
- Continue to promote the following; conservation, efficiency, renewable energy sources and research and development.
- We need to continue saving our planet by reducing carbon emissions – by working towards implementation of Green Energy.
- Eliminate Nuclear power until we can find a safe way to produce it and dispose of its poisonous waste.
- See also: California's 35th congressional district elections, 2012
Vieyra ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing California's 35th District. He was defeated in the June 5, 2012, open primary.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Anthony + Vieyra + California + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.