Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Michigan House of Representatives District 2|
|Bachelor's||Michigan State University, Wayne State University|
|Place of birth||Detroit, Michigan|
|Profession||Non-profit analyst and consultant|
Zander was born and raised in Detroit. His mother raised Zander and his brother on her own. Zander earned a bachelor's degree in Public Affairs and Political Science from Michigan State University and Wayne State University. While attending college, he began what would become a career commitment to the American Red Cross. His first job with the American Red Cross was working in the manufacturing area, and led to him to become a member of Teamsters #337. Zander has since risen in the ranks to the position of analyst for the Red Cross, specializing in policy evaluation and process improvement. He has consulted on management and strategy development projects for local leaders and organizations in metropolitan Detroit's public and private sector.
Alongside his professional work, Zander is pursuing a Master's degree in Public Policy. He is currently a candidate at the University of Michigan-Dearborn.
Zander ran in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 2. He was defeated by District 3 incumbent Alberta Tinsley Talabi and District 1 incumbent Tim Bledsoe in the Democratic primary on August 7.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 2 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Alberta Tinsley Talabi Incumbent||51%||5,272|
|Tim Bledsoe Incumbent||45.4%||4,699|
A questionnaire distributed by the League of Women Voters asked the candidates about their legislative priorities and proposed actions regarding those priorities. Zander responded with the following list:
- Efficient and effective government
- Better public services
- Retention of young professional families
- Accessible programs for the young and elderly
- Fair Taxes
- Less red tape for urban development
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Anthony + Zander + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official Campaign Website
- Zander on Facebook
- Follow Zander on Twitter
- Michigan Board of Elections-2012 Candidate List
- Vote Zander on Facebook, "About," accessed August 2, 2012
- Vote411.org, "On Your Ballot-Michigan House District 002 Candidate Detail," accessed August 2, 2012
- Michigan Department of State "2012 Unofficial Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," Accessed June 4, 2012
- Associated Press "Michigan - Summary Vote Results," Accessed August 7, 2012
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |