|New York State Senate District 60|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Thompson was a Legislative Assistant for the Buffalo Common Council Central Staff in 1996. He then worked as an Executive Director for the Office of Urban Initiatives, Incorporated, in 1998. He is currently a Radio Host for Western New York on the Move.
Thompson earned his B.S. in History from the State University of New York College at Brockport. He then attended the Government/Social Change program at the University of Ghana in 1994.
Note: Recount in progress.
On November 4, 2008, Antoine Thompson ran unopposed and won the election for New York State Senate, District 60 with 76,835 votes.
Thompson raised $329,317 for his campaign.
|New York State Senate, District 60 (2008)|
|Antoine Thompson (D)||76,835|
Listed below are the five largest contributors to Antoine Thompson's 2008 campaign.
|New York State United Teachers||$13,450|
|Coalition for Public Charter Schools||$12,000|
|New York State Trial Lawyers||$7,000|
|New York State AFL-CIO||$6,500|
While a member of the New York State Senate, Thompson served on the following committees:
- Civil Service and Pensions Committee, New York State Senate
- Cultural Affairs, Tourism, Parks and Recreation Committee, New York State Senate
- Environmental Conservation Committee, New York State Senate
- Finance Committee, New York State Senate
- Health Committee, New York State Senate
- Insurance Committee, New York State Senate
- Local Government Committee, New York State Senate
- Veterans, Homeland Security and Military Affairs Committee, New York State Senate
Thompson and his wife, Merle, have two children.
- Antoine Thompson's personal website
- Official New York State Senate website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
|New York Senate District 60
| Succeeded by|
Marc Grisanti (R)