|Rhode Island House of Representatives District 30|
|January 6, 2015|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Associate's||Community College of Rhode Island|
|Date of birth||February 5, 1962|
|Place of birth||Vieste, Italy|
|Profession||President of A.G. & G Inc.|
Giarrusso earned his associate’s degree from the Community College of Rhode Island in 1982. His professional experience includes serving as president of A.G. & G Inc., a jewelry manufacturer.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Giarrusso served on the following committees:
|Rhode Island Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Small Business|
Giarrusso has stated, "I am from an immigrant family that moved to Rhode Island when I was four. This country has offered me great opportunities, and I have been able to build a sizeable company and provide good jobs for more than 100 people.
I'm running to ensure those opportunities remain in place. To do that, we need to continue to emphasize education. We need to create a welcoming environment for business. And we have to force government to begin to operate in a professional manner."
Giarrusso won election in the 2012 election for Rhode Island House of Representatives District 30. Giarrusso defeated Emil Fachon and Robert B. Bolton in the September 11 Republican primary and defeated Mark Schwager (D) and Kevin J. Mcdonough (I) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 30 Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Antonio Giarrusso is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Antonio Giarrusso raised a total of $14,010 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 2, 2013.
|Antonio Giarrusso's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 30||$14,010|
|Grand Total Raised||$14,010|
2012Antonio Giarrusso won re-election to the Rhode Island House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Antonio Giarrusso raised a total of $14,010.
|Rhode Island House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Antonio Giarrusso's campaign in 2012|
|Russell & Carrey Jeffrey||$1,000|
|Rhode Island Republican Party||$750|
|Stephen J Digianflippo||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$14,010|
|Source: Follow the Money|
Giarrusso and his wife, Janet, have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Antonio + Giarrusso + Rhode Island + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rep. Giarrusso office website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- eastgreenwich.patch.com "Antonio Giarrusso, Candidate For R.I. State Representative, District 30," Accessed February 14, 2014
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Giarrusso
- East Greenwich Patch "Anthony Giarrusso," Accessed August 20, 2012
- Candidates in Upcoming Elections "Rhode Island Secretary of State," Accessed July 12, 2012
- Official 2012 primary results
- followthemoney.org, "Giarrusso, Antonio" Accessed August 2, 2013
- East Greenwich Patch "Newcomer Anthony Giarrusso To Run For Dist. 30 Seat," Accessed August 2012, 2012
Robert Watson (R)
|Rhode Island House of Representatives - District 30
| Succeeded by|