Difference between revisions of "Antonio Munoz"
|Line 267:||Line 267:|
Revision as of 21:46, 1 August 2012
|Illinois State Senate District 1|
|1999 - Present|
|January 12, 2013|
|Years in position||16|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|First elected||November 3, 1998|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Years of service||1982 - 1984|
|Date of birth||February 18, 1964|
|Place of birth||Chicago, Illinois|
Before being a Senator, Munoz was a police officer in the Chicago Police Department. After joining the Chicago Police, Munoz was a member of the Chicago Office of Budget and Management under Mayor Richard M. Daley and also served on the Chicago Licensing Commission dealing with liquor licenses in 1990.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Munoz has been appointed to these committees:
- Committee of the Whole, Illinois Senate
- Energy Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Executive Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Executive Appointments Committee, Illinois State Senate, Chair
- Gaming Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Insurance Committee, Illinois State Senate
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Munoz served on these committees:
- Committee of the Whole
- Consumer Protection
- Executive Appointments
- Telecommunications and Technology
Munoz also holds sub-committee assignments for:
- Subcommittee on Ethics
- Subcommittee on Insurance Mandates.
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Munoz is running for re-election to the 1st District seat in the Illinois State Senate in 2012. He defeated Adolfo Mondragon in the Democratic Primary on March 20, 2012. Edgar Diaz was running as a Democrat, but was removed from the ballot on January 4, 2012. Munoz is opposed by George MaAyteh (R) in the general election which takes place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois State Senate Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Antonio Munoz Incumbent||75.6%||8,292|
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2010
|Illinois State Senate, District 1 (2010)|
|Antonio Munoz (D)||17,517||100.0%|
Walker was challenged by Adolfo Mondragon in the Democratic primary election on February 2nd.
On November 4, 2006, Democrat Antonio Munoz won re-election to the Illinois State Senate District 1 receiving 19,303 votes, ahead of Republican Rose Pappas (2,586 votes), and Dorian Breuer(G) who received 1,300 votes.
|Illinois State Senate, District 1 (2006)|
|Antonio Munoz (D)||19.303|
|Rose Pappas (R)||2,586|
|Dorian Breuer (G)||1,300|
In 2010, Munoz received $515,755 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Illinois State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Antonio Munoz's campaign in 2010|
|Berrios For Cook County Assessor||$40,000|
|Citizens For John Cullerton||$27,000|
|Associated Beer Distributors Of Illinois||$17,641|
|Illinois Small Loan Association||$11,000|
|Illinois State Medical Society||$10,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$515,755|
In 2008, Munoz collected $239,371 in donations.
Listed below are those that contributed most to his campaign.
|Illinois State Medical Society||$8,000|
|Chicago Automobile Trade Association||$7,000|
|Operating Engineers Local 150||$6,000|
|Associated Beer Distributors of Illiois||$5,109|
|Citizens for John Cullerton||$5,000|
|Central Illinois Public Service Co.||$5,000|
|Eli Lilly & Co.||$4,250|
|Citizens for Edward Acevedo||$3,681|
|Illinois Automobile Dealers Association||$3,500|
|Illinois Credit Union League||$3,500|
|Benchmark Construction Co.||$3,500|
|Mackie Consultants LLC||$3,500|
|Citizens for Antonio Munoz||$3,436|
|Daniel Greenman & Co. PC Certified Public Accountant||$3,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Antonio + Munoz + Illonois + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Munoz represents Illinois Senate District 1. Senate District 1 includes the Chinatown section of Chicago in Chicago's South Central Side.
Antonio is married to Patricia Munoz. They have three children and reside in Chicago.
- Biography from the Illinois General Assembly
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Sen. Munoz on State Surge
- "Illinois General Assembly" List of Illinois Senate Committees, July 28, 2009
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois Secretary of State - 2012 Primary Results
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Candidate detail - Edgar Diaz," January 4, 2012
- 2010 Illinois General Election Results
- 2010 Illinois Primary Election Results
- Illinois Senate election results for 2008
- Follow the Money - 2010 contributions
- Munoz Campaign Donors
- "Illinois Chamber of * Commerce Committee, Illinois State Senate, Northeast Illinois Legislative District Maps, July 29, 2009
|Illinois Senate District 1
| Succeeded by|