|U.S. House, Florida, District 19|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next primary||August 26, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Freeman is a candidate in the 2014 special election for the U.S. House to represent Florida's 19th District. Freeman is seeking the Democratic nomination in the primary on April 22, 2014. The general election takes place on June 24, 2014.
Freeman is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Florida's 19th District. Freeman is seeking the Democratic nomination in the primary. Incumbent Trey Radel (R) is seeking re-election. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
Freeman received the endorsement of Democrats Advancing Progressive Action in Congress (DAPAC) in late July 2013.
All DAPAC candidates are pro-choice, support stronger LBGT rights, support working family and union rights, support honest and Democratic markets and businesses, support publicly funded universal healthcare, support environmental protection, oppose the Patriot Act, oppose the Iraq War and oppose the Death Penalty.
Freeman said, "I'm proud and excited to have the backing and endorsement from DAPAC. Over the past few months I've been working hard traveling, training and aligning myself with national organizations and groups, so I can run this campaign with confidence knowing I have the education, support and backing needed to win this district. Now I feel I can get down to the real work of raising the money it's going to take to make this happen."
Candidates for Congress are required to file up to seven main reports with the Federal Election Commission during the 2014 elections season. Below are Freeman's reports.
|April Freeman (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|Year End||January 31, 2014||$0.00||$23,003||$(14,123)||$8,879|
|Pre-Special||April 10, 2014||$8,879||$72,072||$(47,837)||$33,114|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "April + Freeman + Florida + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States congressional delegations from Florida
- United States House of Representatives
- Florida's 19th Congressional District special election, 2014
- Florida's 19th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Florida's 19th Congressional District
- Florida Secretary of State, "Candidate List," accessed February 19, 2014
- News Press, "Candidate to announce congressional run," accessed August 19, 2013
- Fox 4 Now, "Democrat April Freeman announces run against Trey Radel," accessed August 19, 2013
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- Naples News, "Game Changing National Endorsement for Congressional Candidate April Freeman," accessed August 19, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "Year End Report," accessed February 24, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Pre-Special," accessed April 28, 2014
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |