Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Minnesota State Senate District 42|
King's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"When integrity is lacking, we try to make up for it with more rules and regulations, seeking to prevent the harms that come from bad action or dishonesty. But rules can’t substitute for integrity, and as we pile up the rules, we only smother the innovative spirit that can rebuild Minnesota’s economic strength."
Budget Honesty and Local Authority
- Excerpt:"We must resist unfunded mandates by every means available. Only when each jurisdiction really controls its own budget can citizens enjoy the genius of our federal system."
Cooperation, Leadership, and Your Money
- Excerpt:"There are necessary public goods, and there are non-necessary public luxuries. Every dollar taxed for use on common goods is one that can’t be used for gifts for the grandkids, can’t buy gas to go to the lake, can’t pay for an upgraded type of prescription, or pay down the mortgage or buy karate lessons."
- Excerpt:"The very best thing Minnesota can do to encourage educational achievement in our kids is to strengthen families and make economic opportunities abound, so that there is as much time and energy left for parents to spend with their kids as possible."
Family and Family Law
- Excerpt:"Recognizing the inherent limitations in life, the law in Minnesota should both facilitate the ideal family structure for children, and provide wisely for those cases when the ideal is not possible."
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2012
King ran in the 2012 election for Minnesota State Senate District 42. She ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14 and was defeated by Bev Scalze (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota State Senate, District 42, General Election, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "April + King + Minnesota + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.