Arizona's 8th Congressional District special election, 2012
The 8th congressional district of Arizona will hold a special election for the U.S. House of Representatives on June 12, 2012. The election is to fill the vacancy left by the resignation of Representative Gabrielle Giffords (D). The primary election was held on April 17, 2012, and the general election will be held on June 12, 2012.
June 12, 2012 general election candidates
- Note: Matt Heinz initially declared but he withdrew and endorsed Barber once the former Giffords aide entered the race.
- United States House of Representatives elections in Arizona, 2012
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2012
- Washington Post "Ariz. governor sets dates for primary, general special elections to pick Giffords replacement," January 27, 2012
- Washington Post "Voters in Arizona's 8th Congressional District pick Kelly as GOP candidate for Giffords' seat," April 18, 2012
- Arizona Republic "Newcomer Konst is 3rd Dem to join race for Giffords’ seat," February 14, 2012
- The Hill "Arizona lawmaker who replaced Giffords in state Senate to run for her House seat," February 13, 2012
- Green Valley News and Sun "UPDATED: Antenori, Kelly promise civil race for Giffords' seat ," January 27, 2012
- Arizona Republic "Tucson broadcaster Dave Sitton vying to replace Giffords," February 2, 2012