For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Arizona's 8th Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
August 26, 2014
Cook Political Report: Solid R
Sabato's Crystal Ball: Safe R
Arizona is one of 21 states with a mixed primary system. The primary is considered semi-closed. Unaffiliated voters may choose which party's primary they will vote in, but voters registered with a party can only vote in that party's primary.
Heading into the election the incumbent is Trent Franks (R), who was first elected in 2002.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.General election candidates
|U.S. House, Arizona District 8 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Trent Franks Incumbent||63.3%||172,809|
|Source: Arizona Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
The 8th congressional district of Arizona held a special election for the U.S. House of Representatives on June 12, 2012. The election was to fill the vacancy left by the resignation of Representative Gabrielle Giffords (D). The general election was held on June 12, 2012, following a primary on April 17th. Ron Barber (D) won the general election to replace Giffords.
|U.S. House, Arizona District 8 General Election, 2010|
|Democratic||Gabrielle Giffords Incumbent||48.8%||138,280|
- United States House of Representatives elections in Arizona, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Cook Political Report, "2014 HOUSE RACE RATINGS FOR June 26, 2014," accessed July 28, 2014
- Sabato's Crystal Ball, "2014 House Races," accessed July 28, 2014
- National Conference of State Legislatures Website, "State Primary Election Types," accessed January 6, 2014
- Fair Vote, "Congressional and Presidential Primaries: Open, Closed, Semi-Closed, and 'Top Two,'" accessed January 6, 2014
- Ballotpedia research conducted December 26, 2013, through January 3, 2014, researching and analyzing various state websites and codes.
- Arizona Redistricting, "Map," accessed July 7, 2012
- Washington Post "Ariz. governor sets dates for primary, general special elections to pick Giffords replacement," January 27, 2012
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"