Arizona's 9th Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
August 26, 2014
Arizona has a closed primary system, in which the selection of a party's candidates in a primary election is limited to registered members of that party.
Heading into the election the incumbent is Kyrsten Sinema (D), who was first elected in 2012.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.
- Kyrsten Sinema - Incumbent
Incumbent Kyrsten Sinema (D) is a member of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee's Frontline Program. The program is designed to help protect vulnerable Democratic incumbents heading into the 2014 election.
|U.S. House, Arizona District 9 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Vernon B. Parker||44.6%||111,630|
|Source: Arizona Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
The district was created following the 2010 census.
- United States House of Representatives elections in Arizona, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Arizona Redistricting "Map" accessed July 7, 2012
- Roll Call, "Arizona: GOP Challenger to Sinema Kicks Off Campaign on Sunday," March 14, 2013
- Roll Call, "Arizona: Ex-ASU Quarterback Files to Challenge Sinema," April 8, 2013
- Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, "DCCC Chairman Steve Israel Announces 2013-2014 Frontline Members," March 5, 2013