Arizona Tea Party (2008)
|Not on Ballot|
| This measure did not or |
will not appear on a ballot
The Arizona Tea Party was a initiated state statute proposed for the November 2008 ballot in Arizona. The goal of the initiative was to enact legislation via direct democracy that would punish any witness that testifies falsely by imposing on that false witness the sentence that the falsely-accused defendant would have received.
The text for the initiative reads:
Any person found guilty of testifying falsely against a defendant shall receive the same sentence as received (or could have been received) by the defendant, regardless of whether the defendant is found guilty or is subsequently cleared of the charges.
- Arizona 2008 ballot measures
- Arizona Initiative and Referendum Law
- Campaign finance requirements for Arizona ballot measures
- Petition drive deadlines in 2008
- Arizona signature requirements