Arkansas Four-Year Terms for Elected County Officials Initiative (2008)
|Not on Ballot|
| This measure did not or |
will not appear on a ballot
The Four-Year Terms for Elected County Officials initiative would have changed the elected terms of certain county officials from two years to four years.
The amendment would have affected the terms for county judges, sheriff, assessor, tax collector, coroner, treasurer, surveyor, county and circuit clerk, and justice of the peace.
This measure was a citizen-initiated constitutional amendment.
The measure was being sponsored by Marvin Cossey.
The measure had received a popular name and an official ballot title, but there is no evidence that a petition drive has been begun. The group did not file signatures before the July 7, 2008, deadline.
- Procedures for qualifying an initiative in Arkansas
- Laws governing the initiative process in Arkansas
- Campaign finance requirements for Arkansas ballot measures
- Arkansas 2008 ballot measures
- Petition drive deadlines in 2008
- Arkansas signature requirements