|Texas State House, District 39|
|2005 - Present|
|January 13, 2015|
|Years in position||8|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||University of Texas Pan American|
Martinez is a licensed paramedic and firefighter. He works as a Critical Care Flight Paramedic for Valley Aircare.
Martinez is a firefighter and paramedic with the City of Weslaco Fire Department EMS and earned a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Texas-Pan American in Edinburg in 1998.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Martinez served on the following committees:
|Texas Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Higher Education|
|• Local & Consent Calendars|
|• Transportation, Vice-chair|
Martinez served on the following Texas House of Representatives committees:
|Texas Committee Assignments, 2011|
- HB 83 - Relating to establishing a health science center and medical school in the Rio Grande Valley.
- HB 91 - Relating to the establishment by The University of Texas System of a law school in the Rio Grande Valley.
- HB 839 - Relating to the sale or delivery of salvia divinorum to a child; providing a penalty.
- HB 845 - Relating to the restoration of the medically needy program under the state Medicaid program.
Martinez won re-election in the 2012 election for Texas House of Representatives, District 39. Martinez defeated Joseph Campos in the May 29 primary election and defeated Joel De Los Santos (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 39, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Armando Martinez Incumbent||77.6%||23,909|
|Republican||Joel De Los Santos||22.4%||6,886|
|Texas House of Representatives District 39 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Armando Martinez Incumbent||83.9%||11,561|
On November 4, 2008, Martinez won re-election to the Texas House of Representatives from Texas's 39th District. Martinez ran unopposed in the general election, and he received 23,879 votes. Martinez raised $128,135 for his campaign.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 39|
|Armando Martinez (D)||23,879||100.00%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Martinez received $233,399 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Texas House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Armando Martinez's campaign in 2010|
|Martinez, Armando (Mando)||$25,000|
|Mostyn Law Firm||$20,000|
|Texas Trial Lawyers Association||$10,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$233,399|
Below are Martinez's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Border Health PAC||$5,000|
|American Electric Power||$3,000|
|Texas Medical Assoc||$2,512|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Armando + Martinez + Texas + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Extension:RSS -- Error: Not a valid URL: http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&gl=us&q=Armando+Martinez+Texas+House+&um=1&ie=UTF-8&output=rss%7Ctemplate=slpfeed%7Cmax=10%7Ctitle=Armando Martinez News Feed
Empower Texans Fiscal Responsibility Index
Empower Texans produces the Fiscal Responsibility Index as "a measurement of how lawmakers perform on size and role of government issues." The index uses "exemplar votes on core budget and free enterprise issues that demonstrate legislators' governing philosophy." Legislators are graded along a standard grading scale, receiving grades A through F based on their performance during the legislative session.
Armando Martinez received a grade of F on the 2011 Fiscal Responsibility Index.
- Armando Martinez's campaign website
- Texas House of Representatives - Rep. Martinez
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- Freedom Speaks profile
- Texas State Directory profile
- Texas Political Almanac HD 39 page
- Texas Tribune profile & bio
- Vote-TX.org profile
- State Surge profile
- Mexican American Legislative Caucus profile
- Armando Martinez on Facebook
- Armando Martinez on Twitter
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Martinez
- Texas Legislature - Bills Authored/Joint Authored by Rep. Martinez
- Texas Democratic Party - Democratic Primary Candidates
- Office of the (Texas) Secretary of State, "Race Summary Report," accessed July 12, 2012
- Official Texas Election Results
- Texas House official election results for 2008
- District 39 Texas House candidate funds, 2008
- Follow the Money - 2010 Contributions
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
- Empower Texans, "Fiscal Responsibility Index"
|Texas House District 39
| Succeeded by|
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |