|Texas State House, District 140|
|2009 - Present|
|January 13, 2015|
|Years in position||5|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Birthday||March 7, 1978|
Walle has worked on the staff of Representative Gene Green, intern and liaison to the Hispanic Community - Office of Houston City Council Member Carol Mims Galloway, and Assistant to the Associate Director, Center for Mexican-American Studies Program at the University of Houston.
Walle sits on the Board of Directors of the Aldine-Greenspoint Young Men's Christian Association, is President of the Ambassadors International Ballet Folklorico, Chair of the Harris County Tejano Democrats, and member of the Saint Charles Borromeo Catholic Church.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Walle served on the following committees:
|Texas Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Business & Industry|
|• Land & Resource Management, Vice-chair|
Walle served on the following Texas House of Representatives committees:
|Texas Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Homeland Security & Public Safety|
|Texas Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Human Services|
|• Rules & Resolutions|
|• Urban Affairs|
- HB 1115 - Relating to the adoption of noise regulations by certain counties; providing a criminal penalty.
- HB 1316 - Relating to the provision of academic tutoring for students at an academically unacceptable public school campus before the campus is reconstituted.
- HB 3627 - Relating to certain registration requirements imposed on certain sex offenders.
Walle ran in the 2012 election for Texas House of Representatives, District 140. Walle ran unopposed in the May 29 primary election. He was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
Walle won re-election in District 140. He was unopposed in the March 2 Democratic primary and faced no opposition in the November 2 general election.
| Texas House of Representatives, District 140 |
2010 General election results
|Armondo Walle (D)||7,871||100%|
|Texas House of Representatives, District 140|
|Armando Lucio Walle (D)||13,348||100.00%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Walle received $79,207 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Texas House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Armando Walle's campaign in 2010|
|Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 211||$2,500|
|Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 68||$2,500|
|Mostyn Law Firm||$2,500|
|Friends Of The University Of Houston||$2,500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$79,207|
Walle raised $244,417 in 2008. His top 5 campaign contributors are listed below.
|Texas Trial Lawyers Assoc||$64,211|
|Texans for Insurance Reform||$30,140|
|John Steven Mostyn||$20,000|
|Gene Green Congressional Campaign||$6,698|
|Garnet F Coleman Campain Account||$5,232|
Empower Texans Fiscal Responsibility Index
Empower Texans produces the Fiscal Responsibility Index as "a measurement of how lawmakers perform on size and role of government issues." The index uses "exemplar votes on core budget and free enterprise issues that demonstrate legislators' governing philosophy." Legislators are graded along a standard grading scale, receiving grades A through F based on their performance during the legislative session.
Armando Walle received a grade of F on the 2011 Fiscal Responsibility Index.
- Armando Walle's campaign website
- Texas House of Representatives - Rep. Walle
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Texas State Directory profile
- Texas Political Almanac HD 140 page
- Texas Tribune profile & bio
- Vote-TX.org profile
- State Surge profile
- Mexican American Legislative Caucus profile
- Armando Walle on Facebook
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Walle
- Texas Legislature - Bills Authored/Joint Authored by Rep. Walle
- Texas Democratic Party - Democratic Primary Candidates
- Official Texas Election Results
- Texas House official election results for 2008
- District 140 Texas House candidate funds, 2008
- Follow the Money - 2010 Contributions
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
- Empower Texans, "Fiscal Responsibility Index"
|Texas House District 140
| Succeeded by|
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |