|Texas State House, District 140|
|2009 - Present|
|January 13, 2015|
|Years in position||5|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Birthday||March 7, 1978|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Committee assignments
- 3 Issues
- 4 Elections
- 5 Campaign donors
- 6 Scorecards
- 7 Recent news
- 8 External links
- 9 References
Walle has worked on the staff of Representative Gene Green, intern and liaison to the Hispanic Community - Office of Houston City Council Member Carol Mims Galloway, and Assistant to the Associate Director, Center for Mexican-American Studies Program at the University of Houston.
Walle sits on the Board of Directors of the Aldine-Greenspoint Young Men's Christian Association, is President of the Ambassadors International Ballet Folklorico, Chair of the Harris County Tejano Democrats, and member of the Saint Charles Borromeo Catholic Church.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Walle served on the following committees:
|Texas Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Business & Industry|
|• Land & Resource Management, Vice-chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Walle served on the following Texas House of Representatives committees:
|Texas Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Homeland Security & Public Safety|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Walle served on the following Texas House of Representatives committees:
|Texas Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Human Services|
|• Rules & Resolutions|
|• Urban Affairs|
- HB 1115 - Relating to the adoption of noise regulations by certain counties; providing a criminal penalty.
- HB 1316 - Relating to the provision of academic tutoring for students at an academically unacceptable public school campus before the campus is reconstituted.
- HB 3627 - Relating to certain registration requirements imposed on certain sex offenders.
Elections for all 150 seats in the Texas House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place on March 4, 2014. Those candidates who did not receive 50% or more of the vote in their party primary on March 4 faced an additional May 27 primary runoff. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in these elections was December 9, 2013. Incumbent Armando Walle was unopposed in the Democratic primary and is unchallenged in the general election.
Walle ran in the 2012 election for Texas House of Representatives, District 140. Walle ran unopposed in the May 29 primary election. He was unchallenged in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
Walle won re-election in District 140. He was unopposed in the March 2 Democratic primary and faced no opposition in the November 2 general election.
| Texas House of Representatives, District 140 |
2010 General election results
|Armondo Walle (D)||7,871||100%|
|Texas House of Representatives, District 140|
|Armando Lucio Walle (D)||13,348||100.00%|
Comprehensive donor information for Walle is available dating back to 2008. Based on available campaign finance records, Walle raised a total of $446,306 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 15, 2013.
|Armando Walle's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Texas State House, District 140||$122,682|
|2010||Texas State House, District 140||$79,207|
|2008||Texas State House, District 140||$244,417|
|Grand Total Raised||$446,306|
2012Walle won re-election to the Texas House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Walle raised a total of $122,682.
|Texas House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Armando Walle's campaign in 2012|
|Mostyn, John Steven||$10,000|
|Houston Fire Fighters||$3,500|
|Farmers Insurance Group||$2,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$122,682|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Walle won re-election to the Texas House of Representatives in 2010. During that election cycle, Walle raised a total of $79,207.
|Texas House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Armando Walle's campaign in 2010|
|Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 211||$2,500|
|Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 68||$2,500|
|Mostyn Law Firm||$2,500|
|Friends Of The University Of Houston||$2,500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$79,207|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2008Walle won election to the Texas House of Representatives in 2008. During that election cycle, Walle raised a total of $244,417.
|Texas House of Representatives 2008 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Armando Walle's campaign in 2008|
|Texas Trial Lawyers Association||$64,211|
|Texans For Insurance Reform||$30,140|
|Mostyn, John Steven||$20,000|
|Garnet F Coleman Campaign||$8,414|
|Gene Green Congressional Campaign||$6,698|
|Total Raised in 2008||$244,417|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Empower Texans Fiscal Responsibility Index
Empower Texans produces the Fiscal Responsibility Index as "a measurement of how lawmakers perform on size and role of government issues." The index uses "exemplar votes on core budget and free enterprise issues that demonstrate legislators' governing philosophy." Legislators were graded along a 0 through 100 scale in 2013 and on an A through F grading scale in 2011.
Walle received a score of 21.7 in the 2013 Fiscal Responsibility Index.
Armando Walle received a grade of F on the 2011 Fiscal Responsibility Index.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Armando + Walle + Texas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Armando Walle's campaign website
- Texas House of Representatives - Rep. Walle
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2012, 2010, 2008
- Texas State Directory profile
- Texas Political Almanac HD 140 page
- Texas Tribune profile & bio
- Vote-TX.org profile
- State Surge profile
- Mexican American Legislative Caucus profile
- Armando Walle on Facebook
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Walle
- Texas Legislature - Bills Authored/Joint Authored by Rep. Walle
- Texas Secretary of State, "1992 - Current ELECTION HISTORY," accessed July 30, 2014
- The Libertarian Party of Texas, "2014 Texas Representative Candidate List," accessed July 30, 2014
- Green Party of Texas, "Greens Release Candidate List," accessed July 30, 2014
- Texas Democratic Party - Democratic Primary Candidates
- Official Texas Election Results
- Texas House official election results for 2008
- District 140 Texas House candidate funds, 2008
- Follow the Money, "Walle, Armando Lucio," accessed August 15, 2013
- Empower Texans, "Fiscal Responsibility Index"
|Texas House District 140
| Succeeded by|
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |