|U.S. House, Illinois, District 3|
|Bachelor's||University of Wisconsin-Whitewater|
|Years of service||1969-1971|
|Birthday||January 1st, 1948|
|Place of birth||Beloit, Wisconsin|
Jones was born January 1st, 1948 in Beloit, Wisconsin. He graduated from high school in 1967 and entered the U.S. Army in 1969, serving 1 year in Vietnam. Jones entered University of Wisconsin-Whitewater majoring in Political Science and Journalism. 
Jones is an independent insurance broker. 
- War on Terrorism: Excerpt: "I'm completely against the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, as well as the deployment of troops to other countries when they're needed to protect our borders. America can't afford to keep going to war. Before we lose more lives and spend hundreds of billions of more dollars that could be used at home, America should cut its losses."
- Jobs: Excerpt: "The biggest culprits for the loss of American jobs are free-trade treaties. I call these "Treasoness Trade Treaties". Three treaties recently ratified with Columbia, Panama and South Korea will eliminate tens of thousands more American jobs once these treaties go into effect. A treaty with South Korea alone will cost 159,000 American jobs. Only an America First Trade Policy, which I support and puts American workers first, is the only way to preserve American jobs."
- Illegal Immigration: Excerpt: "I believe illegal immigrants should be deported. We should secure our borders to save our country, not waste lives and money defending the borders of other countries. Under our Constitution (Article 4, Section 4), our government is required to protect us against invasion, yet we're being invaded on a daily basis by illegal immigrants."
- Gay Marriage Ban: "I'm absolutely opposed to gay marriage because I believe it's destructive to normal family life. Nor should homosexuals and lesbians be allowed to flaunt their abnormal sexual desires openly while in any branch of the US military."
- Abortion Ban: "I am a "right to lifer" who believes that mothers shouldn't abort their babies, as it amounts to murder. I will fight to enact a constitutional amendment to end abortion in our country once and for all."
- Education Reform: Excerpt: "I believe more trade schools, business schools, and vocational schools should be set up so that these young men and women can learn valuable skills, that will allow them to earn a good living without going heavily into debt. Going to college seems to provide the most educated, unemployed, and heavily indebted workforce in the world."
- Conceal Weapons Rights:"I believe the citizens of Illinois should have the right to carry concealed weapons. It's the only state that doesn't allow a citizen to protect his or her rights and property. Allowing gun owners to carry concealed weapons would cut down on crime."
- Health Insurance Reform: Excerpt: "1. No free health care for illegal aliens. 2. Medical care fraud is currently costing over $100 Billion a year. The mandatory penalty for such criminals should be a 10 year prison term. 3. Medical Malpractice Insurance premiums are too high. 4. All medical professionals --doctors, nurses, specialists, therapists, etc. -- should be required to take an annual Medical Competency Exam in their respective field of medicine. 5. Finally, a special agency that operates much like Medicaid, should be set up to provide funds for Catastrophic Illnesses only."
- Tax Reform: Excerpt: "Simply put, the FEDERAL INCOME TAX MUST BE REPEALED!To comply costs more than the revenue it brings in. I propose either a simple flat tax of 10% or a 10% national sales tax, that exempts food and medicine."
- Balanced Budget Amendment: "I support a Constitutional amendment that requires the budget be balanced before it can be signed by the President. That will permanently prevent deficit spending by Congress or the President."
- Public Financing of Elections: Excerpt: "I believe every candidate, no matter the party he or she runs under, should be given equal funds from a taxpayer funded campaign fund once they have been duly placed on the ballot. Public campaign financing will eliminate all influence from corporate big shots, labor unions, media moguls, defense contractors, and racial and religious pressure groups."
- Social Security: "Social Security is for some American seniors their only source of retirement income. For that reason, we must keep Social Security. However, those with no need of Social Security as determined by their income, should be willing to forego their benefits if necessary to keep the Social Security system from insolvency. This would be a voluntary act of great Christian charity, to do so."
- Wage Reform: Excerpt: "'All wages earned at overtime, time and a half or double time or any tips received by full or part-time workers shall not be subject to any federal taxes.' This would allow all working people to keep more of what they earn, without requiring their employers to pay more out of their pockets. It would also encourage employees to be more productive for their employers which would mean greater profits for business."
Jones has received criticism since a February 29th, 2012 article in the Oak Lawn Patch came out in which he commented that "the Holocaust is nothing more than an international extortion racket by the Jews. It's the blackest lie in history." According to the same article, "A member of the Nationalist Socialist Party in his younger days, Jones took part in the Nazis’ march on Chicago’s Marquette Park in 1978. While he doesn’t deny nor repudiate his 'past affiliations,' he says he votes Republican '90 percent of the time.'
Jones ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Illinois' 3rd District. Jones sought the nomination on the Republican ticket.  The signature filing deadline was December 27, 2011, with the primary taking place on March 20, 2012. Incumbent Dan Lipinski is seeking re-election on the Democratic ticket. Jones faced Richard Grabowski and Jim Falvey in the Republican primary.
Incumbent Daniel Lipinski defeated challenger Farah Baqai in the Democratic primary on March 20, 2012. Candidate Richard Grabowski defeated Jones and Jim Falvey in the Republican primary and will face off against Lipinski in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|U.S. House, Illinois' 3rd Congressional District Republican Primary, 2012|
Jones has been married to his wife Patricia for 28 years. 
- ABC News 7 "Election Results Primary 2012" Accessed March 20, 2012
- Arthur Jones Republican Candidate for Congress "A Brief Biography of Arthur Joseph Jones" Accessed January 13, 2012
- Arthur Jones for Congress "War on Terror, Illegal Immigration, Jobs in America" Accessed January 4, 2012
- Arthur Jones for Congress "Health Insurance Fraud, Health Care Reform" Accessed January 4, 2012
- Arthur Jones for Congress "Economic Reform, Election Reforms" Accessed January 4, 2012
- Oak Lawn Patch "Republican Congressional Candidate Says 'Holocaust Never Happened'" Accessed March 19, 2012
- Huffington Post "Illinois Primary 2012 Election Guide: Key Races To Watch (PHOTOS)" Accessed March 19, 2012
- Huffington Post "Art Jones, Illinois Republican Congressional Candidate, Says Holocaust Never Happened" Accessed March 19, 2012
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List" Accessed December 27, 2011
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |