Difference between revisions of "Arthur Orr"
m (Text replace - '= Alabama Senate District' to '= Alabama State Senate District')
|Line 135:||Line 135:|
Revision as of 14:44, 24 July 2012
|Alabama State Senate District 3|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||8|
|Per diem||Included in salary|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|First elected||November, 2006|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Wake Forest University|
|J.D.||University of Alabama School of Law|
|Birthday||May 25, 1964|
|Place of birth||Decatur, AL|
Orr has been appointed to these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Confirmations Committee
- Constitution, Campaign Finance, Ethics and Elections Committee
- Contract Review Oversight Committee, Alabama State Legislature
- Finance and Taxation Education Committee
- Finance and Taxation General Fund Committee Chair
- Governmental Affairs Committee
- Judiciary Committee
- Local Legislation No. 4 Committee
- Reapportionment Committee, Alabama State Legislature
- Rules Committee
- Transportation Committee, Alabama State Legislature
- See also: Alabama State Senate elections, 2010
Orr ran for re-election to the 3rd District Seat in 2010. He won unopposed in the November 2 general election.
Orr raised $752,634 for his campaign, while Day raised $462,965.
|Alabama State Senate, District 2 (2006)|
|Arthur Orr (R)||24,769|
|Bobby Day (D)||14,923|
In 2010, Orr raised $283,628 in contributions. 
His three largest contributors were:
|Alabama Associated General Contractors||$10,000|
|Alabama Power Co||$7,500|
In 2006, Orr collected $752,634 in donations.
His four largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Business Council Of Alabama||$92,000|
|Alabama Farmers Federation||$80,575|
|Alabama Republican Party||$31,400|
|Alabama Forestry Association||$25,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Arthur + Orr + Alabama + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Orr represents Alabama Senate District 3, which includes Morgan county and parts of Limestone and Madison counties..
Orr has one child and resides in Decatur, Alabama with his wife Amy.
- Arthur Orr's official campaign website
- Arthur Orr Homepage
- Official Alabama State Senate website of Senator Arthur Orr
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography of Senator Arthur Orr
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2006
Tommy Ed Roberts
|Alabama State Senate District 3
| Succeeded by|