|Alabama State Senate District 3|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||8|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|First elected||November, 2006|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Wake Forest University|
|J.D.||University of Alabama School of Law|
|Birthday||May 25, 1964|
|Place of birth||Decatur, AL|
Orr earned a B.A. at Wake Forest University, and a J.D. from the University of Alabama School of Law.
Orr served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Confirmations Committee
- Constitution, Campaign Finance, Ethics and Elections Committee
- Contract Review Oversight Committee, Alabama State Legislature
- Finance and Taxation Education Committee
- Finance and Taxation General Fund Committee Chair
- Governmental Affairs Committee
- Judiciary Committee
- Local Legislation No. 4 Committee
- Reapportionment Committee, Alabama State Legislature
- Rules Committee
- Transportation Committee, Alabama State Legislature
- See also: Alabama State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Alabama State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Incumbent Arthur Orr was unopposed in the Republican primary and is unchallenged in the general election.
- See also: Alabama State Senate elections, 2010
Orr ran for re-election to the 3rd District seat in 2010. He won unopposed in the November 2 general election.
Orr raised $752,634 for his campaign, while Day raised $462,965.
|Alabama State Senate, District 2 (2006)|
|Arthur Orr (R)||24,769|
|Bobby Day (D)||14,923|
In 2010, Orr raised $283,628 in contributions.
His three largest contributors were:
|Alabama Associated General Contractors||$10,000|
|Alabama Power Co||$7,500|
In 2006, Orr collected $752,634 in donations.
His four largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Business Council Of Alabama||$92,000|
|Alabama Farmers Federation||$80,575|
|Alabama Republican Party||$31,400|
|Alabama Forestry Association||$25,000|
Orr and his wife, Amy, have one child. They reside in Decatur, Alabama.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Arthur + Orr + Alabama + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama State Senate
- Senate Committees
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Arthur Orr's official campaign website
- Arthur Orr Homepage
- Official Alabama State Senate website of Senator Arthur Orr
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Project Vote Smart biography of Senator Arthur Orr
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2006
- Alabama State Legislature, "Official Senate Biography," accessed August 4, 2014
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 25, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 25, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed July 18, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow The Money, "Funds raised by 2006 Alabama Senate candidates," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- 2006 contributions to Arthur Orr
Tommy Ed Roberts
|Alabama State Senate District 3
| Succeeded by|