Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Hamilton Board of Education, At-large|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
Roden works as an intervention specialist as well as a computer consultant.
|Hamilton City School District, At-large General Election, 4-year term, 2013|
|Nonpartisan||Robert W. Weigel||25.3%||3,377|
|Nonpartisan||Glenn Stitsinger Incumbent||17.1%||2,276|
|Nonpartisan||Anna Harvey Incumbent||14.4%||1,926|
|Nonpartisan||George N. Jonson Incumbent||12.5%||1,665|
|Source: Butler County Elections, "Election Summary Report for General Election in Butler County, Ohio," accessed December 16, 2013|
In an interview with the Journal-News, Roden noted that his top priorities as a board member would be engagement with the local community and higher district scores on the state report card.
What was at stake?
Incumbents George N. Jonson, Glenn Stitsinger and Anna Harvey sought re-election to the board. They were challenged by newcomers Roden, Steven Isgro and Robert W. Weigel. The district was dealing with poor performance in the latest report card issued by the Ohio Department of Education. This report from the 2012-2013 school year indicated that students only met 58.3% of performance indicators and earned an F in terms of annual measurable objectives.
About the district
- See also: Hamilton City School District, Ohio
Hamilton lags behind the rest of Ohio in terms of higher education attainment, median income and poverty rate. The 2010 U.S. Census found that 15% of Hamilton residents over 25 years old held undergraduate degrees compared to a 24.5% rate for the state of Ohio. Hamilton had a median income of $38,628 in 2010 compared to $48,071 for Ohio. The poverty rate for Hamilton was 20.9% in 2010 compared to an 14.8% rate for the rest of the state.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Arthur + Roden + Hamilton + Schools"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Journal-News, "Three challengers seek school board seats," October 27, 2013
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Elections & Voting: Campaign Finance," accessed December 23, 2013
- Ohio Department of Education, "2012-2013 Report Card for Hamilton City Schools," Accessed September 18, 2013
- U.S. Census, "Quick Facts: Hamilton," Accessed September 18, 2013
- Butler County Board of Elections, "Archives," Accessed September 17, 2013