Artis J. McCampbell
|Artis J. McCampbell|
|Alabama House of Representatives District 71|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||8|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Alabama, 1976|
|Place of birth||Greene County, AL|
McCampbell currently works as an insurance agent for State Farm Insurance. He previously served as an investigator for the District Attorney's Office of the 17th Judicial Circuit, as a juvenile probation officer for Green County and as an investigator and patrolman for the City of Tuscaloosa.
McCampbell served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Subcommittee on Petroleum and Waterways
- Subcommittee on Sporting Issues
- Subcommittee on Professional Qualifications
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Incumbent Artis J. McCampbell defeated Wesley J. Hodges in the Democratic primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 71 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Artis J. McCampbell Incumbent||79%||7,182|
|Wesley J. Hodges||21%||1,909|
McCampbell won re-election to the 71st District seat in 2010. He had no opposition.
McCampbell raised $123,778 for his campaign.
In 2010, McCampbell raised $79,750 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Education Association||$10,000|
|Environmental Campaign Fund||$10,000|
|Campaign For Jobs & Justice||$8,000|
Below are McCampbell's top 5 campaign contributors in 2008, a year in which there was no election:
|Business Council of AL||$2,000|
|AL Trial Lawyers Assoc||$1,500|
|AL Power Co||$1,000|
|AL State Employees Assoc||$1,000|
In 2006, McCampbell raised $123,778 in donations.
Listed below are those that made the largest contributions.
|Alabama Farmers Federation||$17,945|
|Business Council Of Alabama||$7,500|
McCampbell and his wife, Diana, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Artis + McCampbell + Alabama + House" Artis McCampbell News Feed
- Alabama House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Alabama Legislature - Artis J. McCampbell
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008
- Artis McCampbell on Facebook
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. McCampbell
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- MyVoteAlabama.com, "Statewide general election results (Archived)," accessed December 13, 2013
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Alabama House spending, 2006," November 4, 2006
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
- 2006 contributions to Artis J. McCampbell
|Alabama House District 71
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|