Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|California State Assembly District 51|
Chavez's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Assuring quality education for students at every level should be fundamental to California. Sadly, our state’s commitment to education has dramatically declined. Public schools are starved for resources and our community colleges and universities have seen dramatic and unacceptable fee increases."
- Job Creation
- Excerpt: "Good jobs are a source of economic security, access to healthcare and the foundation for personal dignity. I’ve run a small business and created jobs in my own community. When a small business wants to open in our neighborhood, we should get the bureaucracy out of the way and help them."
- Environmental Protection
- Excerpt: "I am currently fighting to stop the pollution arising from the Northeast LA Metrolink Central Service yard where more than 30 locomotives are serviced every day. We cannot allow a hazardous environment to negatively impact the health of our children and other residents."
- Public Safety
- Excerpt: "As a long-time resident of the district I have fought aggressively to keep gangs out of our neighborhoods, to improve lighting in areas where criminals might dwell, and to make sure that our children are safe in our schools, parks and other recreation areas."
- Health Care
- Excerpt: "Decent health care should be a right in California not a privilege. Health care should never be available for only the wealthy. That’s why I have fought all of my adult life to make sure that everyone has access to affordable health care."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Arturo + Chavez + California + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
State of California
|Ballot measures by year||
1910 | 1911 | 1912 | 1914 | 1915 | 1916 | 1919 | 1920 | 1922 | 1924 | 1926 | 1928 | 1930 | 1932 | 1933 | 1934 | 1935 | 1936 | 1938 | 1939 | 1940 | 1942 | 1944 | 1946 | 1948 | 1949 | 1950 | 1952 | 1954 | 1956 | 1958 | 1960 | 1962 | 1964 | 1966 | 1968 | 1970 | 1972 | 1973 | 1974 | 1976 | 1978 | 1980 | 1982 | 1984 | 1986 | 1988 | 1990 | 1992 | 1993 | 1994 | 1996 | 1998 | 2000 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2006 (local) | 2008 | 2008 (local) | 2009 | 2009 (local) | 2010 | 2010 (local) | 2011 (local) | 2012 | 2012 (local) | 2014 | 2016 |
|State executive offices||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Controller | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary for Natural Resources | Director of Industrial Relations | President of Public Utilities |