was a 2012 Democratic
candidate for District 51
of the California State Assembly
Chavez's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Assuring quality education for students at every level should be fundamental to California. Sadly, our state’s commitment to education has dramatically declined. Public schools are starved for resources and our community colleges and universities have seen dramatic and unacceptable fee increases."
- Excerpt: "Good jobs are a source of economic security, access to healthcare and the foundation for personal dignity. I’ve run a small business and created jobs in my own community. When a small business wants to open in our neighborhood, we should get the bureaucracy out of the way and help them."
- Excerpt: "I am currently fighting to stop the pollution arising from the Northeast LA Metrolink Central Service yard where more than 30 locomotives are serviced every day. We cannot allow a hazardous environment to negatively impact the health of our children and other residents."
- Excerpt: "As a long-time resident of the district I have fought aggressively to keep gangs out of our neighborhoods, to improve lighting in areas where criminals might dwell, and to make sure that our children are safe in our schools, parks and other recreation areas."
- Excerpt: "Decent health care should be a right in California not a privilege. Health care should never be available for only the wealthy. That’s why I have fought all of my adult life to make sure that everyone has access to affordable health care."
- See also: California State Assembly elections, 2012
Chavez ran in the 2012 election for California State Assembly District 51. He was eliminated in the blanket primary on June 5, 2012. 
|California State Assembly, District 51 Blanket Primary, 2012
|| Richard Friedberg
|| Oscar Gutierrez
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Arturo + Chavez + California + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found