Ashland County, Wisconsin
Ashland County is one of 72 counties in Wisconsin. The county was formed in 1848 and is named after Henry Clay's home in Kentucky. It covers 1,043.82 square miles and contains 157 lakes. The city of Ashland is the county seat.
Main article: Evaluation of Wisconsin county websites
- The Ashland County Supervisors are identified and their contact information is online.
- Administrative staff are identified and contact information is available.
- Zoning guidelines are available.
- There is a link on the home page to "purchase" public documents, but no open record policies or information about administrators is available.
- No budget or checkbook register are online.
- There is no information about public meetings -- no schedules, agendas or minutes. The website does have a calendar link, but when clicked, it leads to a blank page.
- No audits, contracts or information about lobbying activities are available.
- No tax information is available, although there is an option to pay online.
- There is no information on how to file a public records request.
- Ashland County website
- Ashland County on E-reference
- Ashland County on E-podunk
- Ashland County on Wisconline
- Ashland County Chamber of Commerce