Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|South Carolina House of Representatives District 63|
Smith is a student in political science at Francis Marion University.
Smith ran in the 2012 election for South Carolina House of Representatives District 63. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 12. Incumbent Kris Crawford (R) ran unopposed in the Republican primary. The general election took place on November 6, 2012. Smith was defeated in the general election.
|South Carolina House of Representatives, District 63, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Kristopher Crawford Incumbent||68.8%||11,305|
Smith has been arrested twice in 2012 for behavior related to alcohol consumption. He was first arrested in July by City of Florence police officers. At that time, he was charged with underage drinking and hindering police officers. He was arrested a second time on Friday, October 19, 2012 for "public drunkenness". This arrest was handled by officers working for the Florence County Sheriff’s Office as well as by City of Florence police officers. This arrest occurred in the vicinity of "Taboo", a club in Florence. An altercation that did not involve Smith resulted in law enforcement officers arriving on the scene. Smith approached the officers and requested a field sobriety test so that he could determine whether he was sober enough to drive home. When the officers declined to administer a field sobriety test to Smith, suggesting that instead he return to the club or take a taxi home, Smith persisted in his request and told the law enforcement officers that they were "public servants and he paid their salary", according to the police report that was filed regarding the incident.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Austin + Smith + South Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Text of Gov. Haley's State of the State address - San Francisco Chronicle
- A fast 2014 start on presidential prep - WPXI Pittsburgh
- An Oral History (Part One) - PropertyOfZack
- Worthy Boys and Girls Camp fundraiser is Feb. 1 - The Herald | HeraldOnline.com
- Chronicle AM -- January 21, 2014 - Drug War Chronicle
- 2014 NFL Mock Draft: Receivers For Everyone! Yay! - Battle Red Blog (blog)
- House Roll Call: Health law security requirements - San Francisco Chronicle
- Timothy Ladin Joins DailyDAC LLC - PR Web (press release)
- Commercial Law League of America and DailyDAC, LLC Enter into Strategic ... - PR Web (press release)
- Presidential Nominations Sent to the Senate - Whitehouse.gov (press release)
- SCNow, "S.C. House 63 candidate Smith arrested for public drunkenness", October 19, 2012
- AP.org "South Carolina State Senate and State House Election Results" Accessed November 7, 2012
- South Carolina State Election Commission "2012 Candidates," Accessed April 23, 2012
- FITSNews, "SC House Candidate Arrested", July 23, 2012
State of South Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller General | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |