|South Carolina House District 3|
|2002 - Present|
|November 8, 2012|
|Years in position||12|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
Skelton earned his BS and MS from Clemson University in 1956 and 1958, respectively. He went on to receive his PhD from Duke University in 1964.
Skelton has worked in the following positions: Real Estate Broker, Residential Contractor, Professor Emeritus of Economics at Clemson University, and Arbitrator/Mediator.
Skelton served on the Clemson City Council from 1971 to 1974. He then joined the South Carolina State House of Representatives in 2003. He has served in that position since, representing the 3rd District.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Skelton has been appointed to the following committees:
- Subcommittee on Higher Education, Technology, and Cultural
- Subcommittee on Property Tax
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Skelton served on the following committees:
- Subcommittee on Higher Education, Chair
|South Carolina House of Representatives District 3 Republican Primary Republican Primary, 2012|
|Ed J. Harris||51.6%||1,146|
|B.R. Skelton Incumbent||48.4%||1,073|
|South Carolina House of Representatives, District 3 (2010)|
|B.R. Skelton (R)||5,125||96.44%|
On November 4, 2008 Skelton won re-election to the 3rd District seat in the South Carolina House of Representatives, defeating Jason Gale (D).
Skelton raised $60,895 for his campaign, while Gale raised $2,526.
|South Carolina House of Representatives, District 3 (2008)|
|B.R. Skelton (R)||6,458|
|Jason Gale (D)||3,650|
Skelton raised $60,895 in the 2008 election cycle.
His major contributors are listed below.
|B R Skelton||$20,000|
|House Republicans Caucus of South Carolina||$10,000|
|South Carolina Leadership PAC||$2,000|
|Palmetto Leadership Council||$2,000|
|W J Breas Inc||$2,000|
|Carolina Commerce Fund||$2,000|
Skelton and his wife, Vickie Lynn, have four children.
- South Carolina House of Representative - Rep. B.R. Skelton
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- South Carolina State Election Commission "2012 Candidates," Accessed April 19, 2012
- WYFF "South Carolina - Summary Vote Results," Accessed June 12, 2012
- South Carolina State Election Commission, "Official Primary Results," June 29, 2012
- South Carolina general election results
- Follow the Money's report 2008 Campaign donations in South Carolina
- Campaign contributors to B R Skelton
|South Carolina House of Representatives District 3
| Succeeded by|
State of South Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller General | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |