1. Two citizen initiatives were certified this past week in which two states?
2. An initiative to establish a coastal management program was approved for circulation in what state?
3. In 2010, a Massachusetts sales tax for alcohol ban was on the ballot. In three major polls, the majority of those surveyed were in favor of the measure. But the latest poll taken in August 2010 showed 60% against the measure. The measure ultimately failed.
4. Oklahoma sent a measure to the 2012 ballot on April 27, 2011 that would ban affirmative action in the state. What other state had a similar measure on the 2010 general election ballot?
5. This past week, _____ legislators reached a compromise on the state's controversial congressional redistricting plan.
Ballotpedia, a project of the Lucy Burns Institute, is entirely ad free, thanks to the generous support of individual donors. If you have found our product interesting and valuable, please consider investing in our work.