For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Ballotpedia's 2012 General Election Preview Articles: Oregon Congressional Seats
By Ballotpedia's Congressional team
|Oregon's Congressional Elections in 2012|
|U.S. Senate Election?||U.S. House seats||Possible competitive races?|
District 4 incumbent Peter DeFazio (D) was the only incumbent to draw a primary opponent, putting Oregon below the national average for contested primaries. Matthew L. Robinson became a Democrat for the sole purpose of challenging DeFazio in the primary, while Art Robinson, Matthew Robinson's father and DeFazio's opponent from the 2010 election, ran unopposed in Republican primary. On May 15th, DeFazio won the Democratic nomination, locking in a rematch against the elder Robinson. He will defend his seat in the general election along with the other four district incumbents: Suzanne Bonamici (D-1), Greg Walden (R-2), Earl Blumenauer (D-3), and Kurt Schrader (D-5).
Currently, the Democratic Party holds four of the five Congressional seats from Oregon. According to race ratings, no partisan switches are likely to occur, however one race - for the 5th District seat occupied by Democrat Kurt Schrader- is considered slightly more competitive this year due to redistricting. Schrader is seeking a third term in 2012. He will square off with Republican businessman Fred Thompson, Raymond Baldwin (Constitution), and Christina Jean Lugo (Pacific Green Party).
Oregon is an elections by mail state, however a voter can still vote on election day at their local municipal clerks office 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM Pacific Time. Oregon is split between the Mountain and Pacific time zones.
Here is a complete list of U.S. House candidates appearing on the general election ballot in Oregon:
- Candidates running by District
- Partisan breakdown by district
- Comparison of new and old redistricting maps
|District||General Election Candidates||Incumbent||2012 Winner||Partisan Switch?|
|1st|| Suzanne Bonamici
|2nd|| Joyce Segers
|3rd|| Earl Blumenauer
|4th|| Peter DeFazio
|5th|| Kurt Schrader
Christina Jean Lugo
| Congressional Redistricting Map, approved June 2011
For more information, view Redistricting in Oregon.
- 2012 elections review: Big defeats for two incumbents in OR legislative primaries May 16
- 2012 elections preview: Oregon voters prepare for congressional and legislative primaries May 14
- Ballotpedia's 2012 General Election Preview Articles: Oregon State Legislature
- Ballotpedia:2012 general election preview articles
- November 6, 2012 election results
- United States Congressional election results, 2012
- United States House of Representatives elections in Oregon, 2012
- Oregon elections, 2012
- National contested primary average during the 2012 U.S. congressional elections