In its encyclopedic function, Ballotpedia contains thousands of articles on a vast array of topics. A relatively small fraction of these topics are frequently censored by educational, governmental, corporate, parental and other filtering schemes.
- Some Ballotpedia articles discuss words or language that are considered profane, vulgar or offensive by some readers.
- Articles may contain audio, visual, or written representations of people or events which may be protected by some cultures.
- Many articles contain frank discussion of controversial topics. Some subjects that are discussed have criminal applications in some jurisdictions. Others contain information on dangerous or otherwise risky activities (see General disclaimer and Risk disclaimer).
- Ballotpedia may contain triggers for people with post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Ballotpedia may contain images and videos which can trigger epileptic seizures and other medical conditions.
- Since Ballotpedia is open to contributions from the public, there may at any time be graffiti present on Ballotpedia.
- There may be legal or other information that is normally also the subject of professional opinions; Ballotpedia is not a substitute for seeking the help of a professional. Please note: Ballotpedia does not give legal advice.
Ballotpedia contains obscure information that would not be covered in a conventional encyclopedia. Ballotpedia's coverage is based on the interests of its volunteer contributors. Readers should not judge the importance of topics based on their coverage in Ballotpedia, nor assume that a topic is important merely because it is the subject of a Ballotpedia article.
Portions of this disclaimer were adapted from Wikipedia.