Ballotpedia:Visual style guide
Revision as of 16:25, 3 April 2009 by Swad
Here's a collection of all the style standards we use here on Ballotpedia. If you find an element that doesn't meet these standards, please take a minute to fix it.
Tables and Headers
- Background: #00008B
- Text: "White"
- Background: Default
- Darker Gray Background: #ECEBED
- See example of Calendar template to the right
- Section titles should have the first letter capitalized and all others be lowercase (except proper nouns).
- Ex. ==New section of importance== not ==New Section Of Importance==
- Page titles should be as lowercase as possible. This means:
- The first letter should always be capitalized.
- Anything other than proper names, such as the name of a person or ballot measure, should be lowercase.
- State official titles should be uppercase for consistency (e.g. "California Governor")
- The title of a government position, like "secretary of state," should only be capitalized when it precedes the name of the official, like Secretary of State Joe Smith. When referring to the position, use lowercase. Note that this isn't the case for page titles, as mentioned above.
- The Ballotpedia identity should only be used against a white background, unless the colors of the text are removed and set against a solid color background.
- Unless properly resized and specifically needed, the slogan should probably not accompany the identity. In other words, in most cases, opt to use the identity (i.e. "Ballotpedia") on its own.
- Always use the large version of the identity. The small version we created for the constraints of the wiki isn't fit for publication or other use.