Ballotpedia:Ways you can help
Ways you can help build Ballotpedia
- Choose a stub article and expand on it.
- Look at the list of requested articles, pick one, and start one or more of those requested pages.
- Choose a short page and expand on it.
- Find a portal that interests you and start working on articles in that portal.
- Look at the List of Ballotpedia Projects for a project that interests you.
Wiki-gardening refers to a variety of small-ish tweaks and adjustments to articles that make them easier to read, and that add useful navigational information, such as adding useful category tags.
There's always a lot of wiki-gardening to be done.
Here are some areas that usually need help:
- Check the Ballotpedia:To do list for general maintenance tasks.
- Look at Categories for red-linked categories. See if you can add an article to that category that directs the reader to a useful general article about the articles in the category.
- Look at Categories for two categories that are basically the same, but are typographically different. Eliminate one of the categories by putting all of its articles into the other category.
- Look in Broken re-directs and fix any that are broken.
- Review a set of ballot measures and add additional topic category tags to the article after reviewing this list of ballot measure topics. Most ballot initiatives fall into more than one category, and most of the articles on Ballotpedia about ballot measures could usefully be sorted into additional topic categories, enabling a more thorough history of ballot measures by topic. (Read up on how to add category tags to articles.)